21. Rogues and Reunions (Pt. 1)

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Banner By: @xIMxAxHuggerx

Song: NO SONG this time, know why? trailer!! whoop whoop!!

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

WARNING: There is a lot of switching POV's in this chapter so keep a look out for the notifications there so you don't get confused

Chapter 21- Rogues and Reunions pt. 1

Audrey’s POV

We were back on the road. The difference? We were staying together, except for me. I was going ahead.

Let’s get one thing straight. We aren’t the only rogues around here, and babies are really loud. I’ve already had to take down two who were attracted to Tori’scrying.

I made the twins stay back with them. Julian of course refuses to leave Hannah’s side, not that I blame him. As the effects of her pregnancy wear off, she still can’t shift. Not for a few weeks or so. She’s riding on Julian. Which I also completely understand. I’d feel safer if she was on one of the twins though since Julian is our best fighter and he can’t fight with her and Tori on her back.

By the next day, we were on the outskirts of El Paso. We shifted while Hannah attended to Tori with a bottle and fresh diaper. Kid was already huge. Just a day and a half old and looked like she was a few weeks.

Apparently she’ll keep aging at that rate until she’s two. Which by that time she’d seem nearly five. Then slow back down. Why? I don’t know. It’s just always been that way according to the others.

I changed into a yellow sundress. They may be made for summer but they’re easy to change in and out of quickly for shifting and still covered what needed to be covered.

I heard a scream. My head whipped around with me in a fighting stance. No time to shift. Just defend.

Protect. Peyak whispered. I don’t know what’s up with her. She has these protective instincts and they’re only getting stronger.

Cody was in Jason’s arms. Jason looked shocked at his brother’s actions. Cody looked scared as hell.

“Whoa there Scooby-Doo, what’s wrong?” I asked. The way they looked it was an exact version of the duo. Although, technically, they are dogs…wolves. Whatever.

He removed one arm from his brother’s neck and shakily pointed to a bush.

“Sn…sna…ke.” He stuttered. Jason finally snapping out of it scoffed. He let go of his brother and Cody crashed to the ground in a heap. “Ow.”

I went to the snake. I growled. It hissed back at me baring its fangs. I snarled and snapped at it. With a final hiss it left, burrowing under the bush. I turned back to Scooby and Shaggy.

Cody had his arms around his legs and his head buried in his knees. I rolled my eyes.

“Grow up Cody. You’re a damn wolf.” He scoffed and looked up and mumbled a whatever. I held a hand and helped him up. I almost laughed but I reigned it in. “Was that so hard?” He looked at me with a flat expression.