5. What the Hell

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 5

Tyler POV

My bones were popping. I heard sickening cracks as my bones aligned themselves into new angles. It was agony. Imagine being hit by a truck that was barreling toward you at eighty miles an hour. Imagine all your bones breaking at once. Now multipy it by a hundred. That'll show you about half the pain I was experiencing. I couldn’t help but scream out in pain. This was my first change. My family was part of the Moonshadow pack. Just an ordinary wolf family. No thirds, Betas, or Alphas here.

            Grace however was the daughter of the Alpha. Her older brother will take the position in a few years. She hasn’t changed yet. I wasn’t supposed to either. It’s not supposed to happen until your eighteenth birthday at least. But traumatic experiences can make the change early.

            They were surprised I didn’t change when Audrey left. But apparently today’s stress and events were too much to handle.

Thank God the change is short. But still so painful. The first time anyway. Good thing too. To endure this every time would be a living hell. Not that I haven’t lived in one for years but…

My scream turned into a howl. I wheeled around to face my friends. Audrey screamed a bloodcurdling scream at the top of her lungs and collapsed. I wanted to help. But I hadn’t changed back and Grace stopped me anyway. For her human form, she sure was strong. Must be the Alpha blood in her.

I ran over, I was there in a few seconds, and raked my eyes over her now unconscious body. Not in a ‘checking her out’ kind of way though. More of a ‘is she okay?’ kind of way. I looked to Grace who was scowling. I whimpered.

“I know. I know lover boy.” Lover boy? I glared at her. Although she probably didn't realize it. Shaking her head she reached into her backpack. “Even though I never dreamed she’d come back, I had a feeling you’d snap anytime soon, here’s some shorts.” I took them in my mouth with no questioning. I cocked my head to the side. How? Thankfully she understood me. “Think about your human form. A time you were happy in your human form specifically. If you did it right and your thoughts were happy enough, you’ll be human in a few moments. But do it over there! Please!” I let out a wolfy chuckle. Not like she hasn’t seen enough guys before. But I didn’t necessarily want her to see me, so I changed behind a tree. Thinking of my kiss with—the very real—Audrey. Why did I think she was a ghost? God, I’m an idiot.

I came back over and checked Audrey’s temperature by placing a hand on her forehead. I instantly felt sparks run through my body. She shivered. I moved my hand wondering what just happened. I was contemplating it for quite a while. I thought back to all of the things my dad has told me. And the extra stuff I learned from Grace. Being an Alpha's daughter, she knew a lot more than wolves of my rank. Which is to say, none. Then it dawned on me.

Oh my God. Audrey’s my mate!

What the hell am I going to tell her!?

Audrey’s POV

I woke up sitting in Tyler’s lap. He was stroking my cheek. I shivered. So good. It felt so good. I suddenly thought of how I get that exact feeling when Jordan does things like that. I’m not sure how to describe the feelings they both give me. It’s like, as long as I’m around one of them I’m complete. I mean I wasn’t empty except for when I left. But Jordan patched me up nice and tight. But now, I feel like bursting with happiness.