31. Coming Clean

Chapter 31- Coming Clean

Cody rapped on the door while I tried to calm my nerves. How would he react? Oh God… I ran a hand through my long hair nervously and squeezed my eyes shut as hard as I could make them. Opening them again I saw little greenish-black spots dotting my vision.

Tyler opened the door and his face brightened when he saw me standing there. He noticed my broken expression and his aura became grim. I eyed the way his forehead creased when he furrowed his brows.

“Audrey?” I looked at Cody pointedly. With a nod he said, I’ll be waiting and scurried off into the surrounding forest.

“Walk with me.” I didn’t wait for a reply, I knew he’d follow.

“Audrey, what’s going on?” I kept quiet, wordlessly walking farther into the breeze. I attempted to gulp down the lump settling in my throat.

What a waste of effort that was!

“Audrey!” I sighed and whispered to him,

“Wait until we’re out of hearing range.”

He grabbed my hand and I savored what could be the last sparks I ever feel with him. When we were deep inside the sanctuary of the forest, I pushed him into a sitting position on a rock. He looked relatively confused.

I sat next to him and kept fiddling with my fingers. How could I just tell him I have another mate? It isn’t exactly a casual conversation you have with someone.

So like an idiot, I did what idiots do best.

I blurted it out.

Instantaneously he was on his feet fuming. “Excuse me?!

I mentally facepalmed at my insensitivity.

“What do you mean second mate?” He hissed. His eyes were pitch black with Maska clearly printed in them. “You’re mine!

I looked at him through my lashes and grabbed his hand, tugging him until he was sat beside me once again. I explained the stories Julian had relayed to us.

He was pissed.

He was angry about how out of every pair of mates this happen to it had to be us.

“What does the goddess have against me?! First, she has the love of my life get pregnant with my first-born, then drives her away from me, kills my child, and then when I finally get her back, she takes her away again! And now I find out that my mate has more than one mate and is going to have to choose between us?!

“SCREW THE GODDESS! SHE HATES ME! I CAN’T DO THIS!” Tyler shifted and ran.

I was faster.

Still in human form, I tackled him. I forced him to shift and let him up, too peeved to even notice his lack of pants.

This isn’t just about you Tyler!” I bellowed “I’m the one stuck in the middle! How do you think I feel?! I love you both and it’s so confusing! I loved you for years and I never seemed to get over you. But my feelings toward Jordan are just as strong and—”

Jordan?” He hissed. “JORDAN?! That prick who kept you in his house for three years?!”

Calm yourself.” I commanded. “Get it straight Tyler, he is my mate too. I don’t react kindly to anyone disrespecting either of my mates.”

He tugged at his hair exasperatedly.

“Run off some steam. I’ll grab Cody and we’ll stay at yours for a while. Then we head back up to California.”

Picture: Tyler (Matt Lanter)

Song: Neon Lights by Demi Lovato