23. Suprise!

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Song:    'Lightning' by The Wanted.       

Picture: Ara (Tiffany Dion)

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

Chapter 23

Audrey’s POV

I was tackled from behind by a wolf that I knew must be Jordan. I’d run slower so he could stay with me. I still don't understand how it's possible, but I won't question it. If out of everyone, the moon goddess gave this blessing to me, I will graciously accept her gift.

“Jordan!” He shifted back and I averted my eyes. After kissing him and finding out he’s my—second—mate, it was really awkward. Can’t he at least put some pants on?

Please. You know you love it. Peyak snickered

Shut it you. And would you mind explaining why you let me have sex with Tyler if you knew it would hurt Jordan? I asked angrily.

Don’t pretend you didn’t want it as much as I did.

I don’t regret doing the deed with Tyler but I do regret hurting Jordan. With all my heart.

Peyak sighed irritably. I couldn’t tell you he was your mate. Kitchi and Jordan didn’t want you to know. Well, Jordan didn’t. What? That hurt. Why wouldn’t he want me to know? Oh calm down human. He just wanted you to pick him for him. He already told you this, remember?

Sorry. I said awkwardly. I was a bit distracted. Peyak snickered again

Me too, human, me too.

I ignored her calling me human.

“So where do you think we’re going Audrey? We’re almost into the Autumn Pack’s territory.”

I looked at him. I could easily get him off of me but I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. He’ll stand up in a minute.

“Well if you get off of me, I was going to go and see my sister. Sorry, I didn’t realize they lived on another territory. Besides, you’re going to be an Alpha, can’t you go there anyway?”

He shook his head. “PacisTractatusSanAntonio, The Peace Treaty of San Antonio, may be a document of peace and alliance but it doesn’t mean his land is my land. We need explicit permission to cross over. We do go over sometimes but we try to avoid other territories if we can. Every now and then we do it anyway, like you going to school. There are wolves from each pack there but mostly Moodshadow. It is usually for the most harmless of things. Even, they have knowledge of us being there.”

I sighed. “But I want to see Ara!” I whined. I haven’t seen that brat in far too long. She’s going to be fifteen in just a few months. She’s growing up on me. Not too long after that I’ll be turning nineteen, Jordan following after me turning twenty-five.

Are we all really that old? I’ll probably have gray hair soon!

“Ara?” He asked tilting his head to the side

“Yes, Ara. Arabella…”

“Oh! You mean your sister.” He said surprised

“Yeah smart one. I haven’t seen her in years. Please?” Jordan sighed.