22. The Truth Is Revealed

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

22. The Truth Is Revealed

Audrey’s POV

“Audrey Caudor.” Marco said slowly. “Well, Audrey Caudor would you like to tell us the truth?”

“Would you?” I asked rhetorically. He looked almost scared. Good.

“Would I what?” He mumbled

“Don’t play games with me, Marco Stewart. You know what I’m talking about.”

“Nope. No clue.” He insisted

“Uh-huh. Marco, I want you to look me in the eye and tell me what you see.” Breaking out of Tyler’s grip, I walked up until I was right in front of him.

“No!” Julian said

Marco was under my trance. Looking into my eyes, I can make you see your worst fears. It’s like looking death right in the face.

Marco was a statue. His lips were parted and his eyes were wide and empty. I knew that my eyes reflected dark things, terrible things. I hated that I had to do this, but while they are under the trance with nothing to console them but their worst nightmares, I can make them do anything. This is a powerful gift that should only be used for good. I need to know though.

Marco knows it too.

I was about to open my mouth and ask when he was tackled by Julian. Really? I find that way overdramatic.

I blinked and the storm under my eyelids calmed into my usual green color.

“Really Pens?!” Cody screeched “Don’t you think that was a bit unnecessary?!”

“Hardly.” I snapped. He rolled his eyes. “Besides, my name is Audrey.” I reminded them.

Cody smirked. “I know that, but I’m still going to call you Pens. It was my nickname for you and I like it so I’m sticking to it.”

“Whatever.” I mumbled

“So tell us,” Liam started, “what happened?”

I sighed and plunged into my tale.

“I punched Jordan in the shoulder and I hurt him. I hurt. Him. I was a human, I couldn’t do that. Then I took off running though the woods. I don’t know how far I got or how long I ran but the next thing I knew I had a needle in my arm and was injected with so much wolfsbane I blacked out.

“I was stolen, kidnapped, recruited, whatever you want to call it. Take your pick but it doesn’t change the facts. I was stuck in Rogue Camp. I was up on the stage with the Alpha and some of his goons when I came ‘round. They held me up by my hair and I did my best to stay silent. I’m pretty sure I barely got out of there alive—”

“Are you kidding?!” Jason cried out “She was amazing! They held her up by her hair a foot above the ground for Pete’s sake and she didn’t utter a sound! That’s when Cody and I really noticed her. Realized we couldn’t leave that night like we’d planned, we had to wait. Help her out.”

“And I’m forever grateful, but can I continue? There’s a lot to tell and not a lot of time to tell it.” Jason nodded sheepishly. I rolled my eyes but when on about how I punched Pitbull, then explained it wasn’t actually Pitbull to an excited—and then disappointed—Grace, how I ran away and everything on from there until where I passed out in the woods.