+Shelter+

It seemed like it was all over before it began.

Their lips broke apart and they stared into one another's eyes. A small smile played on her lips as he seemed as though he was in a complete state of shock.

"Umm.....i..um.." he mumbled, his gaze struggling to stay on her eyes as opposed to her lips whilst he thought of something to say. Of course his heart was racing and his mind was endlessly wondering, it was with every single second that he spent with her, he found himself becoming more infatuated.

"That was-"

But she had already shut him up pressing her lips back up against his as her hands made contact with his skin, trailing up his chest, one staying on the side of his neck and the other gently gripping the material of the top he was wearing.

This kiss lasted longer, only because he had kissed her back. Placing his hands on her lower waist he pulled her closer,in an attempt to try and take the moment further, but she pulled away smiling, restricting him and leaving him to be the breathless one.

Her eye lashes fluttered as she tried to read his emotions, attempting to analyse what he was feeling.

"I...uh...." he struggled with what to say, simply because he was unsure of what she was feeling.

"I n-need to get some water." and with that he dismissed himself, shuffling over to the car door and making a swift exit, turning back and informing Rose to wait for him in the vehicle before he walked away in need of some desperate fresh air.

*

*

*
He was gone a lot longer than he should have been, but that was purely due to his nerves. The other boys and Kendall questioned him but only to a certain point as they were too concerned with the movie they were all watching.

Sat sprawled out on two of the beds they had pushed together, Michael, Luke, Kendall and Ashton regained focus on their movie, ignoring the fact that Calum seemed to be a nervous wreck walking up and down in search of water, a few snacks and a pillow which he needed to sneak out without the others wondering what he was doing.

"Dude you gonna sit down and watch this with us or not?" Michael asked, briefly turning his gaze over to Calum before looking back at the screen.

"Uh...uh...yeah...um...i've just gotta do something first then i'll be right back."

"Do what?"

This was another moment that caught him off guard. He looked to Ashton for help as the eyes of the other people in the room turned to look at him.

"He's helping me fix something in the car. He owes me a favour." Ashton lied, pulling his eyes at Calum so he would take the hint to leave.

"What needs fixing with a pillow."

"Michael just shut up and watch the movie." Luke spoke up, waving his hand around to silence the group.

"Fuck off Luke." the coloured hair boy mumbled in response.

*

*

Now he had planned his speech all the way to the car, wondering if he was overthinking everything anyway because she was a mermaid and she probably didn't even know what she was doing.

So on making it back to the car, he made things quick. Without talking he set up the car so it was comfortable and safe enough for her to sleep in. He ensured that the cars heating was off, there were enough bottles of water in case Rose needed them and that of course she was comfortable in the small confinement of the vehicle.

She watched him with a blank expression on her face, barely moving as he reached over her to ensure her side of the door was locked and she would not fall out as well as placing the pillow to the left of her and puffing it up so she would have comfort.

When he was done, he sat to the right of her and released a sigh. "There. You'll be okay for tonight. There's water and a few snacks in the front seat if you need them." he explained and she just stared.

"Alright then.....i guess i'll see you in the morning." he finished, briefly smiling as he felt the situation began to grow awkward.

"Uh...goodnight then." it seemed as though he was talking to himself because she had not moved, nor blinked, nor did she make any reaction upon her facial features.

So he took it as his cue to leave and placed his hand on the door handle ready to open when he felt her hand upon his arm and turned to see her looking at him with sad eyes. She took ahold of his hand and this time he was the non moving one, watching as she took the pillow from beside her and copied his actions, by placing it to the side of Calum in order to allow him comfort.

"No, no. The pillows yours, i've gotta get back to the cabin."he told her, but she simply smiled a small smile and made herself more comfortable, by stretching her legs out and placing her head on his chest.

"No, Rose come on i have to get back to the cabin." he argued, gently trying to move her, but of course she could be stubborn and refused to move, turning onto her front, resting her head on his chest and placing her palms flat on his chest before allowing her eyes to close.

Of course he would have loved to stay but he knew his friends would ask questions if he did not return which would only end up bringing them closer to finding out about Rose, which is what he feared.

Even so, in the end he only had one choice.

When he heard light snores escaping her mouth he couldn't help but smile and give in, positioning the pillow behind his head to allow himself more comfort.

Before allowing sleep to consume him.

*
~~~~~~~~

I LIKED THIS ONE!!
THE STORY TAKES A BIT OF A TURN FROM HERE :) BUT IT'S A FUN ONE
MERRY CHRISTMAS ! I GOT A MERMAID FOR REAL!!!
-S