+ Warmth +

Inside the back of Ashton's car, Rose sat still covered by Calum's jacket with the warmth radiating from the car's heaters as he rummaged through the trunk for spare clothes that she could wear.

She watched him intently, noticing his furrowed eyebrows as he searched, trying to find something that would fit her well.

He pulled out a pair of joggers and a t shirt, slamming the trunk shut before walking around to the side of the door and opening it, seating himself inside and securing the door shut behind him as she raised her eyebrows, wondering what he had gotten him.

"Here, put these on." he said, handing the clothes over to her as she looked at him questioningly. She looked lost, holding up the items in the air before giving him an awkward glance which immediately made him smile.

"Sorry." he apologised, removing the garments from her hands. "I forgot you're still new to this."

She smiled shyly and watched him place the joggers on the seat beside him before gathering up the material of the t shirt in his hands to make it easier for her to put on.

He moved it slowly and gestured for it to go over her head, to which she moved closer to him so he could assist her.

Immediately on being consumed by the momentary darkness she panicked and began thrashing around, causing the coat from around her body to slip down slightly.

"Hey..it's okay." he said, pulling it down over her head completely until their eyes met.

He couldn't help but bite back his smile as she looked startled by what had just happened. But on seeing the look on his face she lightened up and smiled a small smile.

"You're really somethin' you know that?" he told her, laughing slightly which made her smile grow wider and bit down on her lip.

Like many other moments before they had both stared into each others eyes, both of them wondering what the other person was thinking.

"So...um...shall we uh....i mean...lets..you should...put some pants on." he stuttered, searching for the jogging bottoms on the seat next to him as his temperature began to rise and heart rate began to increase.

He knew that this part would be difficult, mainly due to the fact that she was still practically naked. He rolled up the ends of the trouser legs and slid them onto either one of her feet as she watched with a raised eyebrow, curious as to what he was putting on her skin.

He stopped mid thigh, looking up at her as her clueless eyes gazed into his. He swallowed the lump in his throat and moved back slightly.

"You can pull them up the rest of the way." he said, nodding as if to reassure himself.

He motioned how she should pull the trousers up her legs and she nodded understandingly. So he did the curious thing and turned around so his back was towards her.

She then took that as her cue to clothe herself, struggling slightly as she wiggled them on in the small confinement of the car, removing Calum's jacket which was wrapped around her front from her body and letting it slide to the floor.

*
When all fell silent and the car stopped shaking from her movements he turned back around, cautiously of course, watching as she pulled her hair out from beneath the oversized t shirt she was wearing and let it hang on top of the garment.

She smiled at him when she caught him staring and a light pink tint formed on her cheeks. He took it upon himself to roll up the ends of the pants she was wearing to ensure she would not end up tripping over them.

They then just both shared an awkward silence which seemed more awkward for him than for her. Outside the vehicle the sky had began to darken and nightfall was fast approaching. She began fiddling with the wristband he had given her and he observed, smiling at how much she seemed to admire it.

"Why don't you talk?" he openly asked and she turned her head to look up at him as his eyes stayed fixated on hers, the only audible sound being the rumble of the cars heating system.

"I mean...like...is it because you can't...or you wont?" she opened her mouth but closed it a few seconds after. Her response was a simple shrug and a quick shake of her head.
"Have you ever even tried?" she shook her head 'no'.

"Well then lets try. Say something simple...like....Calum, my name." he suggested with a smile which always seemed to make her smile in return.

She shook her head 'no' again, mainly because of the annoyance that she did not know how to speak.

"Oh come on, give it a shot. it's easy. Just try it. C-a-l-u-m" he said, sounding out the words to make it easier for her.

She watched intently, furrowing her eyebrows as her eyes stayed trained on his lips watching as they formed and each time a different sound was made. Subconsciously she tried to copy him, forming her mouth into shapes which she though were similar to his.

She moved in closer and trailed her fingers over his lips with one hand and did the same with the other hand on her own lips, feeling the differences and similarities in which the letters were being formed.

He watched, completely mesmerised by it all.

"Ca-lum." he continued, joining the words as he noticed her mouth beginning to form the correct shapes.

He thought she was going to speak. He finally thought that he would be able to hear her voice after endlessly wondering what she would sound like.

But he didn't.

In fact he heard nothing....

*
*

but instead, felt the sensation of her lips pressed against his.

*
*
*
WAHOOOOOOOOOOO
I WANNA BE A MERMAID

"DO U WANNA BE A MERMAIDDD...COME ON AND BE A MERMAIDDDD."
XD
-S