+ Sounds +

The following evening Calum had desperately tried to sneak his way back down to the lake to see 'her' but he continuously failed, due to his friends becoming too nosey and wanting him to play ridiculous games with them.

It was Ashton's idea to play a particular game in which an inflatable ball, which he brought with him to the cabin, gets passed around to each person, by thrusting. The aim was to keep the ball of the ground and to touch it with nothing else other than their 'hips' as it may be preferably said.

It was a game that the boys use to play all the time together, they called it 'Derpball'. Now with Kendall being the only girl there and unwilling to thrust in front of the four boys she lay down on Luke's bed and watched, whilst also texting her friends on her phone.

Though he was not so keen on it, Calum played along soon giving up on the idea of seeing his mermaid by the lake, deciding instead that he would go early in the late am when everyone was sleeping.

But that didn't end up happening, because everyone stayed awake until three thirty in the morning, snacking and talking about anything and everything. Calum tried to pretend he was sleeping, hoping everyone would copy so he could just leave, but again failed when his best friends decided to tickle him and lay down on top of him, deliberately trying to get under his skin, as some friends do.

*

*

When everyone had eventually fallen asleep, so had Calum who was unable to wake at all for that matter, too tired out.

But at around five thirteen in the morning a loud screech had awoken him, as well as Michael and Kendall. It was loud, but still managed to sound quiet. The noise itself sounded like that of a fox crying, but then again also managed to sound like a screaming bird.

"What the hell is that?" Michael groaned, rolling onto his right side and covering his head with a pillow.

"Someone shut it up." Kendall yawned, pulling the covers further over her head, the poor girl still laying on the inflatable mattress on the floor.

"Maybe it's hurt." Calum spoke up, sitting up on the bed.

"Yeah, go see." Michael mumbled

"Wh-why me?"

"Because you're awake and I'm not." He groaned, snatching the covers off his best friend and submerging his head beneath them.

"Well i'm not going on my own, what if it attacks me?"

"Take something to beat it up with." Still during their conversation, the screech could be heard. It was perfectly timed at every four seconds.

"Dude."

"Just go Calum, you're awake. I'll buy you breakfast at the diner or something."

"Ugh fine." The brown haired boy groaned, rubbing his eyes and swinging his legs over the side of the bed, searching the room for a shirt and shoes, deciding to leave his lounger pants on.

"Usingashtonscard."

"What?"

"Nothing just go." And so he did, taking with him, his own personal choice of weapons....a large umbrella, finding it to be the only useful material at that moment.

He lazily trudged through the forest in the faint early morning light, noticing a small glimpse of the sun approaching beyond the horizon. As he got closer, the noise grew louder and he found himself nervously shaking the umbrella in his grasp.