+ Harmless +

"This is insane." Ashton shook his head, shivering as he walked up and down now safely back on land along with Calum who was sat by the edge of the water, looking down at Rose as she looked up at the, both, chewing on her bottom lip unsure of what exactly was going on.

"It's true." Calum said, keeping his eyes fixated on the girl in the water.

"But how? like...what the fuck? it...it's insane...it's crazy. I mean...how do you even know if it-"

"She." he corrected, looking up at Ashton with his jaw clenched. "She...not an it."
"This is absolutely insane." the curly haired boy just continued to shake his head.

"Yeah well it's real so....get over it." Calum shrugged, returning his gaze back to rose as she looked up at him.

"Get over it? GET OVER IT ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?" Ashton yelled, startling her as a light gasp escaped her lips and instinctively she began moving away.

"Shut up yelling, you're scaring her?" Calum switched, standing up of the ground, his clothes and hair still dripping wet as Ashton stopped and faced his best friend.

"Oh i'm sorry, i'm scaring the thing that almost drowned me." He spat, pointing to her in the water.

"But she didn't." Calum reminded.

"What's the matter with you? Don't you see how serious this is?"

"Yeah actually i do. But what do you want me to say, she's still a...person. Ashton you cant tell anyone about this, not Luke not Michael, no-one. Nobody can know about her."

Ashton simply chuffed, rolling his eyes.

"I'm serious." he said, clenching his jaw and fists by his side.

Both boys exchanged glances which left them undecided as to whether or not they were about to fight each other right at that moment.

"Fine. Whatever." the eldest of the two gave up, shaking his head.

When a brief silence had taken over, Calum had sat back down to re assure Rose that she was safe around him, thought Ashton was making it hard for her to feel safe at all.

"You fancy it don't you?I mean...her?" Ashton asked, sighing as he took a seat next to his friend by the water, still keeping a bit of distance between himself and the mermaid that tried to drown him.

"What are you talking about. That's ridiculous."

"Is it? I mean we were all wondering why you spent most of your time down here"

"And... isn't that your wristband she's wearing." He pointed out and Rose's gaze followed before she began fiddling with it on her wrist, looking between both boys as Calum simply smiled down at her and she returned one.

"She's harmless Ashton."

"Yeah......well i'm gonna need a little more convincing." He said, before standing back up, deciding to head back up to the cabin, tired and confused with the events that had occurred within the past hour or so.
*
*
~~~~~~~
THIS IS CUTE
I SHIP CALUM WITH A MERMAID WEEEEEEW
-S