+ Fears +

For a moment he was frozen, unaware of what exactly had happened...or was happening.

He noticed her wheezing as if trying to catch her own breath. Her soft eyes looked up into his, her mouth opening and closing as if trying to form words, but her skin had become dehydrated and dry.

It was not the fact that she could not survive without being in the water, but she could only go so long without consuming water.

The first thing he did on instinct was remove the sharp net which was keeping her body captive. He rushed to tear it apart, causing the material to dig and scratch into his own skin, causing blood to rise to the surface. His arms tensed as he tore it off her, trying to split the net open so could help her.

He did so a few minutes or so later, noticing the dried and fresh blood smothering her human legs as he panted and looked up into her eyes, noticing her frown and light sobs as her body quivered and shook.

His immediate instinct was to get her back into the water which is what he thought she needed. So he picked her up quickly and headed for the water only to have her thrash around in his arms as sharp cries of fear escaped her lips.

He looked at her confused and she furiously nodded her head, pushing herself further into his body as if pleading him not to put her back in there.

"You don't want to go back in?" she shook her head 'no', fresh tears lining the surface of her eyes as she clung to him tighter, digging her nails into his skin.

"Why?" She just continued to shake her head, pointing to the net on the floor, indicating that she was afraid of getting caught again.

He understood and puzzled as to what he was supposed to do he bit down on his lip, looking into her eyes as she looked up into his.

It was a few moments before he finally spoke again.

"Alright." he breathed, taking steps away from the water before placing her safely back onto the ground.

He removed his coat from around his body and placed it over hers, keeping his eyes away from her exposed parts as he ensured she was wrapped up and no longer in harms way, noticing that the only thing she seemed to be wearing was his wristband that he gave her.

"It's okay. It's alright." he comforted her, tucking his coat around her before gently trying to ease her up off the ground, thinking she would be heavy after his previous attempt to get her into the water but was surprised when he lifted her and she felt featherlight in his arms.

Her arms crept their way around his neck, securing a safe grip as she looked up at him, admiring his features as he briefly turned to look at her before leading her away to a safer place, unsure of exactly where that was supposed to be.

*

*

He walked slowly, carrying her back up towards the cabin, though he knew he would not be able to take her inside due to the endless questions his friends would be asking about the naked girl in his arms.

On reaching the cabin, he went around back and sat her down on the ground, ensuring her body was still covered by his coat before he though of a plan, mentally hoping it would work. Her body was shaking and her teeth began to chatter as she wrapped her arms around herself and looked up at him for answers.

"Just wait here okay. I need to get Ashton, but i'll be right back i promise." he told her looking at her quivering body as she nodded and smiled weakly at him.