+ Falling +

For the duration of the morning Calum stayed with her, simply to ensure she was okay and no longer in pain.

She enjoyed his company and though she did not speak to him, he really enjoyed hers.

He sat for a while and watched her swim around, admiring her tail and glittering scales. The time had reached six forty one am and he decided it would be safer for them to move and find a new location further in through the woods at another opening in the lake, simply due to the fact the fishermen were too risky as were his friends.

Calum had found the perfect spot for them, it looked like a mini rock pool hidden away through the forest at another opening. Sure the water was more murky but it didn't bother her and nor did it bother him.

It kept them hidden away as it was located downhill, which made Calum feel a whole lot better because he struggled to find it himself and therefore knew everybody else would too.

He sat on a large rock by the edge with one leg up and the other hanging off it, almost hitting the water as she rested upon the rock, laying her head on her arms as she looked up at him.

He looked down at her, smirking with an eyebrow raised, wondering why she was looking at him in that particular way. She lifted her head up and moved her arm over towards him, hooking her fingers into one of his many wristbands.

"You like them?" But she didn't shake her head nor did she nod. Her eyes stayed focused on the several bands on his arm, struggling to figure out what they were and why they seemed to be stuck to him.

"Here." He laughed before moving his arm away from her so he was able to remove one of the wristbands, choosing one of his favourites, this one being a blue and black sleeping with sirens wristband with the words 'your forever is all that i need' inscribed on it. It was one of Calum's all time favourite songs.

He reached out and took her hand, guiding it up so he could reach, before slowly slipping the wristband onto her arm. She flinched and tried to move away unsure of what he was trying to do to her, but of course he reassured her and told her she could trust him, which she did.

"There, now you have one just like me." He told her, sitting back and smiling at her as she moved her body down from the rocks and into the water, still staying above the surface.

She examined the wristband on her arm, smelling it and pulling it almost snapping it in the process.

"NO DON'T SNAP IT!" He yelled out, startling her as she moved away from him.

"Sorry i...just...don't snap it, it's one of my favourite wristbands." He explained, putting his arms up defensively. She chewed on her lip nervously before deciding against stretching the wristband anymore and let it lay upon her arm.

She still had not moved any closer to Calum and it left them with a fair few feet of space between them, making him feel more awkward than anything else.

"It looks good on you." He said, gesturing to her arm. She looked down at it and fiddled with a little before looking up at him and giving him a small smile. Just moving a little closer to him.

Again they held eye contact for a few moments before an idea popped into her mind. She smiled widely which intrigued Calum, wondering what she was up to. She spun quickly before diving under the water with a quick splash, disappearing for a few minutes.

He was left awkwardly sitting by the water, looking around at the atmosphere and puffing out air from his cheeks.

"Rose?" He called out and almost a split second later she arrived back up the surface, smiling up at him in which of course he couldn't help but smile back.

She swam over to him upon the rock and gently took his hand, feeling the warmth radiating from it as he held her ice cold one. She opened out his palm and placed something from her other hand into it, closing his fingers up before moving away a little, enough to give him space to look at it.

Confused, he uncurled his fingers and saw what lay within it...

It was a black pebble.

Nothing great, just something that would usually be found at the bottom of a lake or river, but to her it was a gift for him.

"It's a...rock?" He said, making it sound like more of a question. She smiled and nodded, biting down on her lip playfully.

He furrowed his eyebrows, noticing the excitement on her face, but soon grasped the idea that maybe it was her gift to him.

"For me?" She nodded, bringing her hands up to play with her black beautiful locks, swirling them around her fingers as she maintained eye contact with Calum.

He caught on quickly and though to him it was just an old pebble, to her it meant so much more. So he played along with it, noticing it must have meant something to her.

"It's awesome." "Thank you i love it."

She released a squeal of happiness, soon followed by her laughter as she splashed around the water excitedly, biting down on her lip again which Calum could not help but laugh at.

"It's perfect...just what i wanted." His words created such happiness within her that observing the moment itself would have been priceless.

He continued to chuckle at her excitement, finding her cute as well as beautiful. He had never seen someone become as excited over something small as well as she did. He loved watching her and she secretly became his favourite thing to do.

Calum could already feel himself falling for her and wondered if she was experiencing the same feeling....if mermaids could feel such things.

*

*

*

~~~~~~~~~

IT'S BEEN A WHILE HIII 3K READS WEEW.

THIS IS SO CUTE OMFG I LOVE THEM AND SHE IS SO CUTE I CANT DIWISJSJZ

CALUM IS MY BAE BUT SO IS SHE.

SHELUM IS MA BAE LOLOL

-S