Chapter 36

(3rd Person POV)

Meliodas walked through the woods. 

He didn't have anywhere to go. And just followed the trail that he happened to stumbleupon. 

"Damn, if I knew that this would be the outcome from running away then I wouldn't have left in the first place." Meliodas thought out loud. His eyes carried pain and he was drained. "I'm sorry." 

Meliodas cried, he left behind the place he called home, just because he was scared. 

Meliodas didn't want anything to happen to the (hair/type) haired woman that he ran into all those years ago. He just wanted to keep her safe, even though he had fallen in love with the woman, he still didn't want to cause he harm. 

"I wish I could see you again." Meliodas whispered out, before he fell to the ground too tired to keep going any longer. "I wish I could see you again, Y/n." 

Meliodas then fell from the conscious world, hoping this didn't mean a trip to see his father.

~Time Skip~

The sun started to set in the sky. Stars shined in the purple and dark blue parts in the night sky. A woman walk down a trail with a basket on her back full of fruits she had gotten from the woods, and another basket of rabbits that she caught for dinner for a few nights. As she walked she spotted a boy laying in the path in front of her. 

His blonde hair swung from side to side in the light breeze, his armored arms and legs laying incredible still, the dark green shirt and pants tattered, the tan cover up slightly ripped. 

The woman slowly approached the boy and saw his sleeping face. 

"It be rude to not take he back with me." She said kneeling down. She placed the basket of rabbits on the ground and pick up the boy. "It would be a lot easier if I carried him bridal style, back home." 

The woman had mumbled to herself, while doing so.

She looked at the basket of rabbits on the floor, and in one swift motion she kicked it into the air, just high enough where she could get under it and have it land on the boys stomach. 

"I still got it." She said to herself, after the basket landed without anything dropping. "Off the home I suppose." 

~Time Skip~

The woman and the boy walked into the clean house. She gently laid the boy down on the couch before she took the rabbit off him and then making her way into the kitchen, which wasn't very fair. 

The woman started to clean the fruit that she had found, and then cleaned and skinned the rabbits, starting the process in making dinner. 

(Meliodas's POV)

I started to stirr to the smell of food being made. I slowly open my eyes to find a roof above me head. Then I realised that I wasn't on the ground anymore, instead a soft and comfortable couch. 

I say up to see a (hair/type) haired woman in the kitchen making food. She swayed her hips to the tune she was humming. I watched as her h/c hair lightly swayed with her movements. 

"I see your finally awake." She called out, the simple words sounding like honey. She continued to cook, not turning to look at me.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice a bit raspy. 

"A kind hearted woman that took a boy in from the cold night." She answered. I watched her move not saying a thing. "Though I should call you a man." 

"What do you mean?" I asked, everyone thought I was a young boy, but she was able to see through that.

"Well if I remember correctly, demons and goddesses don't really age the same way humans do, wouldn't you say Meliodas?" She turned around looking me in the eyes. Her e/c eyes swirled with excitement and sadness. 

"Y/n." My voice broke. I stood from the couch and walked towards her. I reached my hand out to grab the skirt of her apron to see if it's real. 

When I felt her touch my hand, I quickly pulled her into a hug. Tears falling from my eyes. 

Y/n wrapped her arms around me in return, slowly rocking us. "I'm here. I'm really here." 

"I-I thought I lost you. I thought you wouldn't want to see me anymore. I'm so so sorry, I shouldn't have left I-I shouldn't have left you behind. I'm sorry." 

"Hey, hey. I'm not mad, I was for a bit, but now I'm not mad." She said, I tightened my grip around her. Not wanting to let go. 

"Don't leave me." I choked out. 

"I'm not going anywhere." 

"My love." 

My eyes snapped open. I saw Y/n over me trying to wake me up.

"Melie, are you okay? You took a nasty hit for me." She said. I sat up to the see Dale. 

"That's Dale." I said.

"You mean the one the was a holy knight with you guys." She asked in return. I hummed in reply. She looked at the fight that was happening a few feet in front of us. 

"What should we do?" She asked while helping me up. 

"I'm not sure." 

(3rd Person POV)

Elizabeth's footsteps echoed as she ran towards the danger that the Sins are facing. Soon she reached the cliff top to see that Y/n and Meliodas talking to each other facing the monster. 

"Sir Meliodas!" Elizabeth yelled. She was standing at the cliff top staring down the married couple with a sword in her hand. "Take this." 

Elizabeth then through the sword into the air. Meliodas recognized it right away. "Liz didn't want you to fight she wanted you to live. I feel the same, your someone who stands up in what he believes in. If that your sin you have to burden, then I'll carry that burden with you!" 

Y/n felt her eyes flash. She quickly looked down so no one could see her eyes. 'So you'll carry the burden with him, huh.'  Y/n thought to herself. 

'Foolish mortal.' 

'Hush, no one is talking to you.'

'And? She's going to steal him. After all, she's not related to you or him.'

'Shut up!'

'You already lost her. Liz's reincarnation was just a miscarriage. She. Isn't. Your. Dead. Daughter.'

'I mean it! Shut. Up.'

'Mmmh, looks like me time is up.'

By the time Y/n looked back up she saw that the monster was dealt with and the boys where walking towards her and the exit from the bottom of the cliff. 

"Y/n." Meliodas called. She looked at him, her eyes normal. 

"Yeah?" She called back. 

His eyes said he wanted to ask about her sudden change in aura, but he decided against it. "Let's go home now." 

"Okay." She replied, and wrapped an arm around his shoulder while he snaked his arm around her waist. 

Of they where, a battle they need to fight and other people to find.