Chapter 21

(Meliodas's POV)

"Lady Y/n! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." Elizabeth said.

"No, no. It's fine. You wanted to know. You were curious that's all. What do you want to know about her?" Y/n asked sitting down next to Elizabeth. Everyone was cautious of what to say. They didn't want to upset her. "Come on everyone it's story time. I'll tell you."

"What was she like?" Elizabeth asked. She was the one who wanted to know so badly.

"Well, she was like you in a way. So sweet and kind. Very innocent and so pure. Her emerald eyes sparkled just like yours do. She had me brush her hair almost every night before she went to bed." Y/n said. A smile on her face at the memory.

~Flashback~

"Mommy! Mommy! Can you brush my hair?" Isabell asked as she ran into our room where Y/n was reading and I was showering.

"Of course sweetie." Y/n said, taking off her reading glasses and placing them down, as well as her book.

Y/n stood up and guided Isabell to Y/n's makeup dresser and had her sit down. Y/n took the brush out of Isabell's hands and started brushing Isabell's hair.

While brushing her hair Y/n sang a little song.

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine.
You make me happy, when skies are grey.
You never know dear, how much I love you.
So please don't take my sunshine away."

"Your voice is so pretty Mommy." Isabell said softly. Y/n smiled and continued to brush her hair.

"Not as pretty as you, my little angel." Y/n said. By now I was out of the shower and listening to them.

"Well if I'm pretty, they you're beautiful." Isabell said, looking at Y/n through the mirror. I stepped out of the bathroom with my pajama pants on.

"No the both of you are gorgeous." I said, making Isabell jump. 

"Daddy, you scared me!" Isabell exclaimed. I chuckled at her response and walked over to mine and Y/n's shared closet hamper to throw my clothes in there. 

"All done baby girl." Y/n said softly. Isabell got up and looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled and turned around to give Y/n a big hug.

"Thank you so much, Mommy." She said.

"Your very welcome. Now off to bed with you." Y/n said, giving Isabell a kiss on the top of her head. Isabell let go of Y/n and ran over to me. She kissed my cheek and then gave me a hug. 

"Goodnight Daddy." She said. 

"Goodnight darling." I replied, and she ran off to bed. 

~End of Flashback~

"She sounded so precious." Elizabeth said.

"She was. She knew exactly what to say and how to help others." Y/n said. 

"What else did she do?" Elizabeth asked. 

"Well lets see." Y/n thought.

"Isabell and I did something super special for Mother's day one year." I claimed. Everyone turned their attention to me. 

"Really?! What did you guys do." Elizabeth asked.

~Flashback~

"So Issy, you know what's coming up right?" I asked Isabell as she was coloring at the kitchen table.