Chapter 43

(3rd Person POV)

Diane stood strong in front of the Holy Knight. Pissed off and scratched up. 

Dreyfus stood in front of her, "You do not yield before us. I must recognize your strength and courage for this fight. You are a worthy of facing the Holy Knights. One of the Seven Deadly Sins, Diane. With your death, allow me to ring the bell signaling the start of a Holy War." 

"Y/n ... Just give her back!" Diane heaved. "Give me back my mother!!" 

"Y/n, is your mother? Highly unlikely." Dreyfus gave a deep chuckled. 

"I mean it!!!" 

"Ridiculous!" 

Diane swung Gideon with intent to hit Dreyfus, but her attack was stopped by Dreyfus sword. Stunning the watching Holy Knights. 

"Magical power emanates from one's own strong will, mind, and experiences." Dreyfus owned. "I shall annihilate all who would thwart the realization of my ideals, and forge onward. The name of my strong power is, Break." 

And with that Dreyfus broke Diane's attack. He then thrusted his sword forward, "Now. Die!" Dreyfus' attack punctured through Diane's heart. Making her collapses and die. The Holy Knights drop their guard at the sight of the fallen sin. 

Helbram floated down to the rest of the Holy Knights. Dreyfus took no time in asking Helbram, "Helbram, is another sin in the castle?" 

"Who knows? The giant girl must have been mistaken, no?" 

"It was one of your people, that took mom! They showed up out of nowhere before us. They tried taking Elizabeth but Mom pushed her away. She was the one snatched up in the process and just disappeared!" Diane grunted. 

The Holy Knights raised their guards once more.  Ready to engage in another battle. Standing up fully Diane ran at Dreyfus ready to attack once more. 

"Silken Skewer!" Another attack pierced Diane in her leg. Making her fall to the ground once more. "Demolishing Attack!" With a wave of his sword Dreyfus launched another attack.

~In the Capital~

Diane had landed in the capital after the attack the Dreyfus launched on her. She sat against the building that she roughly landed on. Catching her breath.

The villagers stood in shocking watching the giant. Dreyfus had made an announcement revealing the three other sins that had snuck into the kingdom. Some of the people of the Kingdom had gathered rocks to throw at Diane. 

Diane grunting in pain stood and walked towards the Kingdom with slow steps. "It doesn't make sense. What am I doing in a place like this anyways... human's country... This isn't my home, I've never had one. I've always been alone."  

"Alone? Are you crazy?" Y/n said. She and Diane had just gotten back from the river, the campsite was in need of some water. 

"Yeah, I was always alone and I guess that feeling hasn't gone away." Diane murmured. She's embarrassed that her feelings slipped, staring down at the barrels of water in her arms. She knew that Y/n wouldn't feel the same.

"Aah! Your home sick." Y/n stated making Diane snapped her gaze to the tiny woman walking besides her. Diane never knew how she could keep up with her long strides. 

"How can I be home sick if I've never had a place to call home?" Diane huffed.

"Home doesn't have to be a place. Home can be a person or feeling. You just lost your feeling." Y/n explained. Diane looked at her once more. "So until you find that feeling again, why don't I be your home." 

"What?" 

"Yeah, since I love your company and I would hate for you to feel lonely, I'll be your home until you find one." The h/c haired woman beamed with a wide smile. 

Diane couldn't help but smile too. "Okay you be my home then, mom." 

Y/n stopped walking at the name. She hasn't heard it in such a long time. A soft smile replacing her wide one she spoke, "I'll always be your home, sweetheart." 

"Mom." Diane whispered under her breath. "No, I'm not going to stand here and let some bastards take away my home! I will be getting it back!!!" 

Diane continue to weakly walk away and towards the Kingdom. Behind her were three Holy Knights. 

Guila wasn't to pleased on the discruction that was happening. Her brother, Zeal, was in the city and she needs him to be somewhere safe. 

"Sister!" Guila turned around to see you little brother Zeal running towards her.

"No Zeal stay away it isn't safe." Guila tried to make him turn around, but it was too late. Once Zeal was in the open and saw Diane his body froze in fear. A building above started to fall, Guila watching in panic she knew that she wouldn't be able to make it in time to save her brother. 

"ZEAL!!" Guila screamed. Diane turned her battered body around and threw her body over Zeal protecting him from the building. 

Everyone stood in amazement. Zeal had opened his eyes to see Diane looking back at him, making sure he really was safe. 

"Did you save me?" His timid voice only reaching Diane's ears. 

"Protect the weak."Diane repeated. 

"Yeah. Since us women are big and strong we have to protect the ones that can't protect themselves." Y/n said, the two of them watching the sunrise. 

"Okay, I'll always protect the weak!" Diane declared. Y/n smiled softly at the giant next to her, proud of the person that she is going to become. 

"I did it mom. I've protected the weak like you asked." Diane whispered before closing her eyes. She swears she heard Y/n's voice reply back. 

"Good job, sweetheart. Now rest."

"It looks like everything's done here." Dreyfus spoke walking up to the trio. 

Jericho was first to plead with Dreyfus, "Grand Master Dreyfus. It would be an honor if I, Jericho, would be able to take the task of taking Sin Diane's head." 

"Very well." Dreyfus agreed.

"And after, promote me to an upper-level-" She started again, but her gaze was torn away by Howzer walking forward. 

"What do you think you're doing, Howzer?" Dreyfus asked. 

Howzer turned around and stood his ground facing the other Holy Knights, "Years ago, you told me to, 'Only use your own power when you yourself feel it's right.' Well it appears that the time has finally come." 

"So you plan to take all of us on your own then?"

"No." Guila spoke. She walked over to stand next to Howzer, "We both will." 

Diane opened her eyes to see that two of the Holy Knights stood in front of her protecting her.