Chapter 42

(3rd Person POV) 

Hendrickson walked King Arthur, his mage and the Holy Knights to the castle. 

As they walked into an abandoned street Hendrickson stopped. He snapped his fingers causing the two Holy Knights in the back to draw their weapons. 

Arthur looked at Hendrickson. "What are you doing." 

"It's common for emissaries who've entered foreign nations to be assassinated in said nations. Even if you are a king." Hendrickson turned to Arthur and tilted his head indicating his seriousness. "Now, what's your motive?" 

Arthur gave his boyish smile and scratching the back of his head, "Well ... that's a secret." 

Then a mage appeared next to Hendrickson. "Oh my. Am I in the middle of something?" 

Ignoring the mage's question, Hendrickson asked one of his own, "What did you do with the last fragment?"

"In the underground dungeon at the palace. Or should I have brought it to you directly before the ritual?" 

"And which one have you broughten?" 

"The most powerful one." She answered, her voice quivered. Hendrickson turned to the mage fully. 

"Did you leave her awake?" His eyes shining with a little bit of rage. 

"Y-Yes sir." She stuttered. His eyes widened.

"You fool! The seven deadly sins are here to take it back and with it awake they won't have a problem retrieving it!" Hendrickson scolded holding back his anger. "You best make sure they don't steal it back."

"U-Understood sir. Good day to you, then. Pretty boy and lame mage." She bid her goodbyes and left quickly. 

"That woman must my a Liones mage. With magic that allows her to teleport." Arthur observed. 

But quickly Hendrickson appeared in front of Arthur snapping his attention to him. "That isn't any of your concern." 

Kicking him into the wall 20 feet behind them. In return Hendrickson sports a cut on his forehead. Worrying the Holy Knights with him. 

Hendrickson gave a small laugh, "Arthur Pendragon. You are not a king in name alone, I see." 

"So this is a Holy Knight grandmasters strength. I think I can handle you." Arthur advised. 

Hendrickson continued to walk toward Arthur refusing the help of the Holy Knights with him. 

~Running through the streets~

The trio ran towards the castle away from all the Holy Knights patrolling the capital. When a loud explosion like sound stopped them in their tracks.

"What was that?" Ban questioned. 

"Judging by the sound and vibration it's about half a mile away. Between the south and palace gate." 

"Come to think of it weren't we just sensing mad magical powers just now?" Ban pointed out. 

"It's faint but I'm fairly positive that it's Hendrickson that I can sense. He's the one with magical powers that bore the title 'Platinum'  ten years ago. " Gowther explained. 

"Enough talk lets go!" Meliodas shouted running forward. 

Ban looked at his captain in disbelief. "What do you mean, weren't we supposed to head for the castle?" 

"If we want to rescue Y/n then I'm taking the fastest way to her." Meliodas jumped over a wall.  "Meaning taking them out would do that."

Eagerly the duo followed their captain, wanting nothing more than to have their mother back with them.