Chapter 35

(Your POV)

After The Roars of Dawn took off with the head of the being in Gowther's armor, it had transformed into a type of creature. Then started to attack the boys, causing me to jump back and observe before jumping in.

As I watched the boys fight against the demon-like being. It used Frozen Breath and punched Chastiefol breaking it into millions of pieces.

So Chastiefol was destroyed and Gowther had to clean off his glasses. 

I walked towards the being. My wings sprouting from my back as I walked closer. 

(3rd Person POV) 

Y/n extended her wings out horizontally and brought them back a bit. 

"You guys take to long sometimes," She muttered under her breath. Y/n then brought her wings froward. 

Flinging sharp feathers into the being, but not killing. The being swung at the group making them jump back once again.

"Y/n, why didn't you kill it in one blow?" Meliodas asked, after making sure she was okay.

"Don't you see the man? The one inside the creature?" Y/n asked them. The boys looked at the being and finally took notice of the man in stuck in the creature's chest. 

Before they could devise a plan for the man, an arrow like lighting bolt flashes and pierces the being.

The creature, became inmobal. 

"There is no point in saving him. He's long gone." Ban said, readying the whip he had gotten from the ground. 

Before he could launched it at the creature Y/n stepped on the end. "He still may have a chance. We could save him." 

Ban looked at Y/n, her eyes flashed a quick red. 

'Red eyes.' Ban thought, remembering the past. 

"Are you guys fighting?" Gowther voiced, walking up from behind the group. 

"He stopped moving, did you kill him?" King asked Gowther. 

"No, he's in an illusion. That my ability, Invasion. Right now his in a memory that he wanted to return to." Gowther explained. 

"Quite yaping and kill him already." Ban uttered. Y/n smacked him against the back of the head.

"We aren't killing anyone, there has to be a way to help him." She voiced. 

"I'm incapable of killing. It's not like he asked to be born this way." Gowther explain.

Ban gave a small laugh, "There's no one in this damn world that asked to be born the way they are. Fine I'll kill him." 

Meliodas grabbed Ban's wrist. 

"Stop, there is someone who is still human in there." Meliodas announced. 

The two best friends glared at each other.

~At The Boar Hat Tavern~

"They sure are taking a long time." Diane said. She had woken from her nap when Elizabeth and Hawk came back. They all realized that no one was inside the tavern. Even though Y/n said she was going to be here.

"They probably caught something big." Hawk tried to reason. 

"Then why is Mom gone?" Diane asked in return, knowing that she wouldn't have left without a reason.

"Maybe she is taking a stroll in the woods." Hawk replied, but he himself didn't know why Y/n would take off without letting anyone know. 

Elizabeth sat in the tavern waiting for the group to come back. 

Then a knock came from the Tavern's door. Elizabeth opened it to see the man that fought with Meliodas in the Fight Festival. 

"You're Cain? The one that fought Sir Meliodas in Vasel." Elizabeth said softly. 

"Oh my. Could I be dreaming right now, Liz!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry, about the confusion." Cain said to Elizabeth. "You just remind me of her so much." 

"Was she your daughter, Mr. Cain?" Elizabeth asked in her gentle voice. 

"Nope, she was a knight back in Dana Fall. Both of you guys have the same name. We just called her Liz." Cain explained to the young woman. 

"Oh I see." Elizabeth said, rounding the corner of the bar so she could sit next to Cain. 

"She was Meliodas' girlfriend a long time ago." Cain stated.

"Girlfriend? But I thought Lady Y/n and Sir Meliodas where together?" Elizabeth voiced out. 

Cain looked at Elizabeth, his eyebrows raised. "Y/n? I haven't heard that name in a while." Elizabeth turned her body and looked at Cain, surprised that he knew about Y/n. "Meliodas always talked about her. He told us stories about a woman in the woods, that had caught his heart, but when they learned the truth about each other he ran away to Dana Fall, so they would never run into each other again."