𝟎𝟏

Every teenager spends their summer in a variety of ways

Every teenager spends their summer in a variety of ways. Some teenagers are down by the bay, on vacation, partying till the sun is being casted over the horizon, or hanging out with friends/family.

On less unfortunate circumstances, due to strict parenting, some of these teenagers don't even get to celebrate their two months of well deserved freedom. These same teenagers are being sent off to camp or being forced to stay indoors.

Fortunate for my friends and I, our parents were some of the very few parents who weren't strict in the Outer Banks.

Therefore, we were allowed to roam the grounds of our town in the late and early hours of the morning doing whatever we pleased.

That's what we were currently doing; Kiara, the trio of boys, and I were drinking beer and hanging out in a home that was currently in the process of being remodeled on the richer side of town or most know as, the Kook side of the Outer Banks.

John B was being his typical foolish self and was balancing on the edge of the rooftop, occasionally, tipping side to side, due to the velocity of the wind.

"Thats what? A three—story fall to the deck? I give you a three in one chance of survival." Pope loudly stated for, John B to hear.

John B raised his hand up to his face and inserted his index finger into his mouth then, pulled it out and raised it up to the sky, as if testing the velocity of the wind.

"Hm, should I do it?" John B jokingly asked us.

"Yeah, I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope said, as he grabbed a discarded nail gun, raised it up into the sky, and aimed it in the direction of our brunette friend.

"You'll shoot me ?"John B questioned, Pope in a teasing manner.

"John B, be careful. Please get down from there." I worriedly pleaded him in fear of him loosing his balance and falling.

"Hey, he's playing around, Y/N. Don't worry." JJ attempted to reassure me as he outstretched his hand towards me to offer me a tin can of beer, in which, I gladly accepted.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kiara asked, John B as she looked up at him with a squint, due to the bright summer sun being casted onto her face.

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one."JJ seriously warned, John B.

"Really? You care more about the beer than him?" I asked JJ with a scoff.

I focused my gaze back up at, John B only to see that he had lost his balance and dropped the can of beer that he was previously holding.

"Of course you did." JJ scolded our friend, causing me to lightly slap him on the shoulder.

John B climbed down from the rooftop and jumped down onto the structure that I was sitting on.

"Are you okay, John B?" I worriedly asked my friend, as I looked up at him, once he came to a halt to stand besides me.