Epilogue

This is dedicated to ALL OF MY FANS AND READERS.

THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH ME.

Epilogue

Our last night never left my mind. His words were still lingering in my head.

After that moment, I never saw him again, not after his graduation. Yes, I attended his graduation day. I thought he would look for me but he didn’t. He didn’t look at my way.

I saw his parents too. But to my dismay, he was with someone else. A girl that I hadn’t seen before. And that was it all it took for me to leave and forget about him.

I was currently here at Cincinnati for my twenty-first birthday. I was on my third year too.

Harry and I stayed as friends. He found himself a girlfriend named Carolina. I was happy for him because he finally found the love of his life.

As for Monica, well, I forgave her. I didn’t want to have any grudges to anyone. That’s really not me. She was happy with her love life with her British boyfriend. And they just celebrated their two years time together. We’re best friends again and we promised each other not to make us change. We had to be who we were.

My birthday celebration was a private one. I only wanted close friends and family members to be here. As much as I wanted to see Zac, I couldn’t. All I’d heard about him was, he was now one of the best architects.

“Sapphire, are you done?” It was my sister’s voice. She peeked at my door before entering. “Wow!”

I chuckled, “What do you think?” I asked her.

“You look gorgeous. Happy birthday before I forgot.” She showed a gift to me. She was a one sweet girl.

“Come here.” I hugged her tight and whispered in her ear, “Thank you.”

When we pulled back from the hug, I saw Monica on the doorway, leaning against the door frame.

“You look amazing,” she said.

“That’s what I told her too,” Emerald jumped to my bed.

I shook my head at them. They’re complimenting me too much. I might get my head exploded because of the compliments.

“Too bad it might get destroyed,” Monica muttered, smirking.

I frowned at her. “What do you mean?” I asked her.

She squinted her eyes at me, and then she got something on her back. A blindfold.

“See this?” she waved the violet blindfold, walking up to me. “We have a surprise for you.”

“What? You know I hate surprises.” I crossed my arms over my chest stubbornly.

“Then you won’t go out of this room of yours. Not unless you wear this,” she challenged me.

I rolled my eyes and just sighed exasperatedly. It supposed to my birthday. Why were they making me wear a blindfold?

‘Because there’s a surprise.’ And my sub-conscious mind was back again.

“Fine. I’m going to wear it,” I grunted. There’s no use in fighting over the matter, might as well get it over with it.

Emerald and Monica assisted me out of my room. Then I heard Harry said, “I will take her from here.” He was the one who helped me to get down the stairs.

I heard the visitors singing a happy birthday song for me. I smiled. Whatever this surprise was, I was certain that it’s something special.

“Happy birthday sweetie,” it’s my mom. She gave me a quick kiss on my cheek.

“Make a wish princess,” then it’s my dad’s. I think the cake was in front of me, so I did as what I told.

“You can take your blindfold now,” Harry whispered to my ear.

Slowly, I took it off, squinting my eyes as I adjusted it to the light. There was a guy in front of my but I could barely see his face. The light was still making my sight blurry.

When I finally noted who was the guy, my eyes snapped wide open. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

He’s here… Zac.

I felt my eyes started to water. He’s here at my birthday.

“Happy birthday,” he greeted, and I was at a lost for words.

I couldn’t make up any coherent words. His image was clear to my eyes. He was smiling his sweet smile at me. His eyes were glimmering.

“So, is your birthday wish granted?” he asked smugly.

“You don’t know what my wish is,” I mumbled, looking down.

Once again, I felt weak just by looking at his forest green eyes.

“Oh! Believe me, I know what it is,” he told me.

Meeting him at the matchmaking restaurant was no mistake. It wasn’t a disaster like what I had in mind before. We were meant to be together.

Meeting him was no co-incidence. It was fate that brought us together.

No matter how many times we fought, how many days we grew apart, we would still cross our paths.

Meeting him was a disaster. It was unexpected and not intentional.

Now, I understand the restaurant’s name as it brought my better half to me.

I would never love any other guy the way I loved him. He was my match, the one for me.

“Then what is it?” I countered, now looking at him straight in the eyes. I bit my bottom lip. Maybe he really knew what my wish was.

He smirked knowingly at me, leaning in forward. His breath almost brushed against my lips, he mumbled, “Don’t bite your lips, that’s my job.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is the final and official ending of Matchmaking Disaster. Thank you for staying with me. I hope you love this as much as I love writing it. You were the best guys. Thank you. I can’t thank you enough for the support you had given for this story. Rest assured that this will be edited and I promise to make it longer and better. Thank you so much.

Also, as I have said before, this is my entry to watty awards, so please do vote for every chapter and help me at least get to the first round.

For the last time, facebook page on external link.

And the song on the side is perfect for this. Everything has Changed by Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran

Thank you. –Kristine.