Matchmaking Disaster (23)

I slumped back into the couch, biting the apple I had in my hand. It had been two days since my little encounter with Anthony. No one knew about it yet. I didn’t know why Emerald hadn’t told it to our parents but I was thankful she didn’t. I didn’t want to be interrogated by my parents. I just couldn’t bear to answer their questions about Anthony. He’s a psycho, period.

Flipping through the channels, I found myself bored, so I went to my room instead and just have a chat with Monica. I missed her so mush. I was sure that she’s enjoying the company of her British boyfriend, but a single call from her wouldn’t be that hard, right?

The last time we had a chat was two weeks ago. That’s too long for best friends like us. Summer sure killed communication, not just for us but for everyone else, I guess.

I sent her a message saying,

Me: hey Monica, how’s Europe?

I waited for her reply for almost ten minutes. Tapping my fingers on the table, I sent another one,

Me: Monica?! You there?! You’re online, why wouldn’t you reply?

And another ten minutes passed.

“Dang-it!” I logged out, feeling a little pissed at my best friend. Then my phone rang, I pressed it to my ear and answered, “Hello?”

“Sapphire!” I knew that voice. It’s Monica’s

I rolled my eyes. I knew it! She received my chat messages to her. “Why are you calling me again?” I retorted. That answer will surely scared the crap out of Monica.

“Sapphire, don’t be angry. I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to answer to your messages. I left for a few minutes and forgot to log out and that’s when I saw your messages. So sorry,” she apologized. She knew me too well. She knew that after making excuses and apology, I’ll forgive her, which was a true.

“I really hate you for doing that. Apology accepted.” I heard her yell ‘yay’ on the other line.

“I love you too. So, is there something you want to tell me?!” she asked. I kept quiet. Why did I want to talk to her again?! There’s a lot I wanted to tell her actually, but I liked it to be personal. Not just on phone or chat. “So?! There is something. What is it?” she pressed on.

“Um…”

“Sapphire, tell me now. I know you don’t have anyone to tell about it, so might as well tell me now.”

I sighed, “I was thinking. Well, you know that Zac’s been with us, right? And… you know…” I plopped down on my bed.

She chuckled, and by that, I knew she already got my point. She’s like a mind reader. “Then tell him. You know, he’s really into you. So why don’t you give it a try. Maybe it’ll work out.”

“How can I?! It’s hard you know! Especially when you’re ignoring him almost everyday. I don’t even know why I’m ignoring him anyway. Also, what if he’s feelings already changed? It has been months since the day he told me that he liked…”

“Love?!” she interjected.

“Okay, love me. But do you think it’s still the same?”

“Maybe. But you should still try. Who knows? He’s a good guy Sapphire,” she said.

Maybe she’s right. I think I should try and find out myself.

“Yes, I’m coming!” I heard Monica shouted on the other line. She’s talking to someone else. “Hey Sapphire, I have to go.”

“Yeah sure. Thanks for the advice.”

“Welcome. Anytime. See you soon. Bye,” she pressed the end button before I did. She’s really in a hurry.

Okay! I had to gather all the strength and courage I needed. I didn’t want to just tell him I liked him, I had to prepare for the worst (or the best) that could happen.

A knock startled me, causing me to jump off of my bed. “It’s unlocked,” I shouted. The door opened a little and I saw his blonde hair.

“Hey! Can I come in?” he asked. This was it. Oh gosh! My knees were getting all jiggly. I nodded and he went inside my room, sitting on the edge of my bed.

I averted my gaze at him before speaking, “So?! What do you want?”

I felt his hands on mine. He’s moving closer to me. I looked at him in the eyes. There were sparks in his eyes, almost making me melt just by staring at it.

“I-uh… um… I just wanted to ask you..”
”Wait! I have something to tell you first,” I said immediately. I felt my heart beat so fast, that it’ll almost burst out in my chest. This was the time to do it. “About… A—about your feelings for me. D—do you still feel it t-that way?! I stuttered. I averted my gaze again. I didn’t’ want to see his forest green eyes and have all the answers in them. I wanted him to tell it to me.

He lifted my chin so I could look him in the eyes. Without any words, his lips were pressed on mine. I felt sparks fly and butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I was sure now what I was feeling for him.

When we pulled back from the kiss, “Does that answer your question?! Or do I have to do it again?!” he grinned at me. I knew I was blushing, he caught me off guard.

“You’re a jerk,” I punched him lightly in the shoulder. That caused him to chuckle. “But yes, that answers my question,” I looked down.

“Hey look at me,” he lifted my chin up to meet his gaze. “It never changed. I love you Sapphire. So I’m going to ask you to be my girlfriend? I hope you feel the same way.”

“Yes!” I jumped to him and hug him tightly. “I love you too.”

This was it! This was really it! All the sparks flew and butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I was in love with Zac. No doubt about it.

Zac’s been my savior when I needed him. He’s been a good guy to me. And the simple gestures that he did were enough for me to fall in love with him. I think meeting him at the matchmaking restaurant was a good thing after all. I was thankful I had decided to stay for another round. If I hadn’t, I might not have met Zac and he wouldn’t be here with me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love Zac. Haha. This is short, I know.. more like just a filler I guess. But I just want Zac and Sapphire to have a moment. This was too fast too I guess. Ahaha. But, you know Sapphire has something for Zac,. Comment please. Facebook page on the external link.