Matchmaking Disaster (19)

Hey guys, here’s an early update. J) Hope you enjoy reading it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchmaking Disaster (19)

I heard my alarm clock buzzed from my nightstand. I slowly reached for it and turned it off.  Then, I rubbed my eyes, slowly opening it. I could see a little ray of sun coming inside my window. A curve formed on the corner of my lips as I realized that its summer and I was home with my family.

I hastily got up and went out of my room running downstairs. I went to the kitchen to see six people eating breakfast. Mom, dad, Emerald, Aunt Janice and Juliette. My yiddy-yadda smile and excitement immediately disappeared as I realized the blonde haired guy was with us too.

I scowled at his back. Why he had to stay here again?! Oh! That’s right. He had no place to stay.

“Oh! Good morning Sweetie. How was your sleep?” mom asked, smiling at me.

‘I had to ease my mind with all of these frustrations’, I thought to myself. What could get any worse if I let him stay here?!

“Good morning mom.” I walked to them, sitting at the stool behind Emerald. “Good morning everyone.” I managed to greet them but when I turned to look at Zac’s direction, it turned into a scowl.

“Good morning cousin. Well, we’ll be leaving this afternoon. Want me to tour around before I leave?” Juliette asked, winking at me. Oh! I knew that wink she was giving me. There’s something in it, and she wanted to know. And fast! But there’s nothing to tell. What did she want to know?

“Yeah sure.” I drank my milk in one gulp and stood from where I was sitting. “I’ll just go change. Wait for me at the couch.” I walked out of the kitchen and ran to my room.

After a good forty five minutes, I went downstairs. There was Juliette at the couch with you-know-who! None other than Zac. I glowered at him before saying, “Let’s go Julie.”

Juliette looked at me with something in her eyes that I knew I wouldn’t like. At all. Then, she turned to face Zac. “Would you like to come along with us?”

There, she said it. And I knew it was coming. She had been like that whenever possible. Only to tease me and to make fun of me. “Why would he?” I snapped.

She smirked at me and I knew she wouldn’t back down. “He should. Since he’s staying here for a while. Why don’t you keep him as company? Oh! Dear cousin, you should be nicer to him.” And her smirk grew into an evil grin. Why did she had to be that way?! Ugh. I had no choice but to let out a sigh of defeat and just let him come with us.

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes and made my way outside the house.

All the way to the stable, Zac and Juliette kept on talking without me in it. I didn’t mind at all, since I didn’t want him to be here in the first place. But something bothered me. It’s Juliette! NO! I was NOT jealous. I was feeling that she’s planning something. Something that I didn’t want to know. For now.

We went inside the stable, walked pass the other horses and stopped in front of Alexander, my horse. “So,” was all I could say as I turned to face them. “Who wants to go horse back riding?” I smiled but I knew they notice how fake it was. They laughed at me like I was some lunatic. I scowled at them. “Stop laughing! You and you…” I pointed my index finger to them, “…pick your own horses.”