Matchmaking Disaster (44)

Harry drove me to the matchmaking restaurant. It was only eight in the evening, so it’s still open. I had to take the risk of being here instead of at his place. But to my luck, he was there.

He was five chairs away to me. I had to wait… wait until he was in front of me, across the table. This was my chance and I would never lose it again.

I thank Harry so much for doing this to me. He made me realize that I didn’t really want to let for of Zac and my love for him. Harry opened my eyes to the reality that true love only knock once, and we should grab it before its too late.

I didn’t want to regret it in the end. I wanted to be happy. To have a happily ever after like every fairy tale in the books. To have my own Romeo that would love me until the end of time. This was the only chance I ahd right now and I didn’t want to lose it.

The ticking of the clock was too slow for my liking. He was three chairs away from me and he still hadn’t noticed me. Well, I avoided every gaze we could have. I wanted to surprise him.

Loving Zac was one of the greatest things that happened in my life. It’s deeper and more beautiful that to Harry’s. The sparks were greater and the fluttering of the butterflies in my stomach was much alive. It was great. The feeling of being in-love was great.

Just one more sit.

He finally noticed me. Our eyes locked to each other. He was intently staring at me. It only took a minute before we heard the buzzer rang.

This was my chance.

He was now seated across from mine. His gaze was never leaving me and just one more second, I knew that I would melt.

I cleared my throat before starting, “Hi.” I waved at him, smiling sheepishly. His expression was still the same –confuse. I continued, “I don’t want to regret anything. I want to hold on to what I could still hold on to.”

“And what is that?” he asked.

“I-uh, I…” I stuttered. His gaze was almost melting me. His green eyes were piercing into mine. “I still love you,” I murmured and it almost came out as a breath. “I still love you Zac.”

“So you’re realizing that now? After what I’ve been through with you? You just realized that now?” he asked. There was a hint of annoyance in his voice.

I had to clam down and not match his annoyance. I wanted us to be okay and not to get worst.

“I never realized it just now. I knew it from before. I never fall out of love to you. I just hid it. But Harry sees through me. He knew that I’m not going to be happy with him,” I explained.

“Do you know what it feels like to be in front of your precious love and her ex-boyfriend? It was terrifying. I was mortified and then you blurted that you’re getting back with him? What are we here? Some character written in a novel? Sapphire, I was hurt. That hurt never left me. At night, I was like about to cry but then, tears wouldn’t show up. The pain was stabbing me, over and over again,” he snapped, knocking the part where his heart was. He was angry at me.

“And then you’re coming here, telling me that you still love me. Are you playing with my feelings?” he grumbled. “Are you taking your revenge on me For cheating on you? Well, I’m sorry,” his voice rose up a little.

The matchmaking had stopped. Everyone’s attention was at us. But I ignored all of them.

“Zac, I’m sorry for doing that to you. For making you feel that way. It was a foolish thing for me to do. But Zac-“

“Sapphire,” he cut me off immediately. “I was hurt and I know that you were hurt too, but can you please try to be a little sensitive sometime? I distant myself to you before, can you please try that?” He stood up from his seat.

This wasn’t the scene I had in mind. Where’s the happily ever after?

“Zac, please.” I almost begged at him.

“Please give me time Sapphire. You had yours and now I want mine.” And with that, he left the restaurant. But I wasn’t planning on letting him go just yet.

I ran after him up to the parking lot. I collected all my composure, straightened myself and grasped all the air I could get.

“Zac!” I shouted when he was about to get inside his car. “Zac, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being a selfish, heartless girl. I’m sorry if I took you for granted. I’m sorry if I hurt you. I’m sorry.” Tears were flowing down my cheeks. I had to make him stay. I wanted to hear him say that he still love me too.

“You’re not a selfish, heartless girl Sapphire. You’re just naïve. I want to find every ounce of courage for myself. I still love you. And it hurts to see you sad, but I need time.” He slid inside his car and drove away.

I was speechless. Words left me.

He left.

‘I still love you, but I need time.’ Those words were echoing in my head.

I let him go. He said the words that I wanted to hear but I let him go. He was gone in my sight and maybe, to my life too.

I couldn’t believe myself.

The love of my life was gone. He might not come back to me at all, and that was because of a wrong decision.

Sometimes in life, we had to make choices. It’s either to be happy or to be sad. But whatever the choices we had to made, we should keep in mind that not all the decision we could make were right. Not all decision could help us with our problems. Not all decisions were helpful for the recovery of the past. But let’s out to our mind that, whatever decision we make, it should be for our happiness, whether it’s wrong or right.

Meeting Zac at the matchmaking restaurant- Find Your Better Half -was like a disaster to me. Our worlds collided in a weird way. But I never thought that our worlds would fall apart too.

In the end, it was me who lost. The game that I wanted to win was over and it all fell apart to pieces.

His words would always linger in my mind. ‘I still love you, but I need time.’

I shouldn’t have made the wrong decision. Then this wouldn’t all have happened to my life- a matchmaking disaster.

The End.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, guys this is the final chapter. Oh my gosh! The final chapter! :( I’m sad that this story has come to an end. And a sad one too. :( Listen to the song on the side while reading it. Please vote and leave a comment.

There will be an epilogue, but it will only be available for my fans. So, if you want to read it, you know what to do. There’s a surprise there so you MUST read it.

Once again, for the last time, facebook on the external link and Back to December by Taylor Swift on the side.

I love you guys and Thank you for supporting Matchmaking Disaster.