Matchmaking Disaster (17)

This chapter is dedicated to the one and only Jordan Lynde, also known as XxSkater2Girl16xX. She's an amazing writer so you should visit her page and read her stories. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchmaking Disaster (17)

“Mom, who’d you invited?” I asked mom as I sat at the stool near the countertop. Mom was mixing the ingredients for the cake. We did have a lot of maids but mom wanted to be hands-on on cooking. She said that the kitchen was her paradise.

“Ah… you know. Some relatives. Your aunt Janice and her daughter Juliette. Oh! Did I mention that Juliette’s getting married next year?!” Mom turned to face me then back to mixing.

“Really!? Wow! I haven’t seen her since she started college, which was two years ago. Where’s she studying again?”

“She just attended the community college at Salt Lake City. She really didn’t want to study anywhere else. And Julienne—“

“Also known as Jonie.” I inserted, a small smile formed on my lips.

“She’s at L.A. so she couldn’t make it. Then I’ve also invited some family friends including Harry’s family. And I’ve heard the news about you two. I won’t ask questions, for now, because I don’t want to ruin your day. But you’ve got some explanations to do after this event,” she said, half scolding, half teasing.

I just nodded and gave her a weak smile. So Harry would be here too. I wondered how he was. We hadn’t talked after that night so I really didn’t have any news about him.

I stood up and went to my room to take a bath. I was so exhausted after long hours of horse back riding. I grabbed a towel from my walk-in closet and went inside my paradise.

If mom’s paradise was the kitchen, my paradise, on the other hand, was my bathroom.

My bathroom was half the size of my whole bedroom. It had a Jacuzzi at the center. A shower area on the right corner, and a gigantic mirror just beside the door. There’s also a bathtub near the shower area, the toilet bowl was at the left corner and a bed-couch near the mirror.

I had a bed-couch inside my bathroom because sometimes, I just wanted to be alone and not to be disturbed. That’s where I usually sit or lay down if I wanted to just think, since the bathroom was my paradise.

After an hour and a half in the bathroom, I picked a lilac haltered dress that had a little hole on the left part of the tummy. I curled my hair to the side, put a light make up. I just wanted to look as simple as possible. And lastly, I wore five-inch violet wedged-strapped heels.

I went downstairs to meet my mom, who was so frantic in finishing the little touches on her creations. The sun’s almost setting and visitor were starting to arrive.

“Hey princess. You got everything you need?” dad asked as he gave me a side hug. “You know that—“

“You’ll give anything I want. Got it dad!” I finished for him. “I got everything dad. I just want to get over with this party.” I sighed, pouting my lips.

Dad smiled at me then left to meet his friends who just arrived. He invited his friends just to talk about business.

I roamed around just to see who my visitors were. Ugh.. NOT! It seemed that it’s almost dad’s friends. I sigh exasperatedly. If only Monica was here, I would be glad to be in this party. But she’s not here, obviously. Her family went to Europe to take their summer vacation.

“Sapphire!” I heard mom called out as she made her way through the crowd.

The house was almost packed with just dad’s friends. I think it’s his party since almost the visitors were his friends.

“There you are. I’ve been looking for you. Come. I’d like you to meet a friend of mine.” She pulled me through the crowd of people.

Her friends were at the veranda of the garden. There was Mrs. Wales. Yep! Harry’s mother. I supposed his here. Or not. Mrs. Donell, a high school friend of hers and someone I hadn’t met yet.

She had a light brown, shoulder-leveled hair, wearing a blue dress. Her face was somewhat familiar.

“Oh Sapphire! You’re gorgeous. I didn’t know what has got into my son that he let you go,” said Mrs. Wales as she kissed me on the cheek. She’s really sweet. She always told me that Harry and I should marry someday.

“I know. Where do you think she got those looks?!” mom exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at her. The veranda was filled with laughters. “Okay. Oh! I forgot. Sapphire, this is Verna, Verna Davis.” Mom introduced.

Verna offered her hand to shake and I gladly took it. “Wait. Davis?!” My eyebrows furrowed at her. She had the same last name as Zac.

She smiled at me, “Yes Davis. I have a son who was studying also at New Jersey. Maybe you met him. He’s Zachary.”

My eyes widened, mouth opened as I forced a smile. I tried to speak but no words came out, so I just shut up.

Oh my golly! I hoped he’s not here too. This was just my luck.

“Nice to meet you. I’m going inside.” I spun my heel, almost immediately that I had rammed into someone, causing the drink he was holding to pour to me.

“Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!” I yelp out of irritation and shocked.

I looked up to see… Zac. Just great!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short?! Yeah I know. But I divided this to two parts, that’s why. But I hope you still like it. Don’t forget to vote and comment and fan. I’ll be uploading the next chapter.