Matchmaking Disaster (22)

A week had passed since the day of seeing that psychopath Anthony. I think I just imagined that it was him but it’s really not. Because, if he’s really the one I saw that night, I should have seen him for the past days. But I hadn’t which was good. I never wanted to see him again anyway.

Zac didn’t know about it yet. I wanted to tell him but I changed my mind. He’ll freak out for sure and he wouldn’t leave my side anymore. I liked the way he would treat me like a princess and protect me to the lunatic. I liked the way he would make me feel safe but there’s I needed to do.

I had to find out what really happened to Anthony.

I tried to recall all of the events that happened in the past. I plopped down on my bed, recalling every bit of the events. I didn’t want to miss anything. So I had a pen and a paper in my hand just for assurance.

I hastily stood up and sat on my bed, crossed leg as a memory appeared in my head.

~~~~~flashback~~~~~

It was the day before I went to the matchmaking restaurant. It was raining and I just got home from school.

As I unlocked my door, a voice spoke from behind me. “Oh hey Sapphire,” he mumbled.

I turned around and glared at the brunette guy. “What do you want… again?” I said, irritated. He never missed a day to visit and annoy me. He’s a total nerd and so irritating.

“Um..” he said, fidgeting at the hem of his sweat shirt.

He was dressed up as a normal person. Well, not that he’s not normal, but you know how nerds dressed up, right?! He usually wore sweat shirts instead of something nerdy. He’s thick-rimmed, black-framed sunglasses was so on the 80’s and his haircut?! What kind of haircut was that anyway?

“If you’re not going to say anything, I’m going in now. I’m tired and I don’t want to talk about something stupid,” I groaned, scratching my head.

“Ca—can y—you go on a d—date with m—me?!” he stuttered.

I rolled my eyes as I turned my back on him, entering in my apartment.

“Wait!” he grabbed onto my hand but I immediately brushed him away.

“Don’t touch me again,” I raised my eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest. “And if you are that dumb, I don’t want to go on a date with you. I have a boyfriend and even if I don’t have, I still won’t go out with you.”

“But why?!” he inquired, his voice was a little squeaky.

“Why?!” I chuckled at his question. He really didn’t have any clue. “Because… you’re a nerd and I don’t like nerds,” I said slowly.

His eyes were sad but I didn’t care. He could cry all through out the day about how I rejected him but that wouldn’t change anything. He’s a nerd and forever will be a nerd.

~~~~~end of flashback~~~~~

“That could be one of the reasons,” I nodded as I stated what I just recalled. Maybe that’s also the reason why he changed into a hottie.

Okay, I admitted. He’s hot and all but after what he did to me, all I could think of him was he’s a psycho.

* * * * *

“I know I’ve been busy with work. But now’s the right time to tell me what happened between you and Harry. You don’t think I already forgot about that, right?! Because I’m going to tell you, I don’t. Now spill it,” my mom exclaimed. She really wouldn’t let it go.