Matchmaking Disaster (34)

I’ve been recovering for the last few weeks. Monica visited me almost everyday, cracking up her silly jokes at me. Also Harry, and he’s like literally living in my apartment. He would be here early in the morning and leave late at night. But I think I knew why. I was sure that mom was the one who requested it. But I was thankful.

As for Leah, I had no idea what happened to her because she got caught after the day she tried to kill me and now in jail. Leah’s on the legal age so she was filed with criminal case of attempted murder and kidnapping. Mom’s too cruel, that’s what I thought.

I’ll be going back to school tomorrow which was great. I’d missed many things and I wanted to catch up.

I had called Harry to come with me. I was going to visit Leah and then I’d call mom later to tell her to pull out the cases. I just wanted to forget all of this.

We arrived at women’s prison, Harry’s arm were resting on my shoulder. I felt safe with his touch.

“Leah Neilson please,” I said to the lady in the front desk. She called a security and led us to the visiting area. I saw Leah sitting on the other side, her head was down. “Hey.” I spoke from the window.

She looked up at me but didn’t say anything. Her facial expression was different from the Leah who tried to kill me. I should help her get through with this. I meant, I was the reason why she’s here in the first place.

“How are you?” I asked, looking hopeful at her.

“Fine,” was all she could say. There’s a hint of sadness in her voice.

I sighed before saying, ”Leah look at me. I’m going to get you out of here, you hear me? I’ll ask mom to pull out the cases they file on you,” I trailed off, thinking of the things I wanted to say. “…and then you could start over.”

“Why?” she asked which came out almost like a whisper.

“I just want to forget this and move on. I’m sorry for, you know, making you like this. It’s my fault too. That’s why I’m helping you out.

“You’re weird, you know that. I tried to kill you but here you are, telling me that you’ll forget whatever happened and move on. What if I do it again?” she inquired, now looking at me straight in the eyes.

She’s right. What if she did it again? Will I still forgive her? But I think she’s just like Anthony. They only needed attention from the person who made them so vulnerable. I knew, somewhere in Leah’s heart, there’s a good in it.

“I know you won’t,” I smiled at her knowingly.

We kept talking things about what she’s been eating, was she able to get a good knight sleep, was she regretting the things she did and the other things. She seemed taken aback to me. But I had to take it to her real slow. She needed to go to a rehab to help her pit with the things in her mind. She was glad, genuinely glad, I might add, that I visited her and forgave her.

The week went by uneventful. As per Leah, she transferred to a different school in a different state. She wanted to move on and forget everything about the things that happened here. But there’s one thing I needed to work on, it’s my best friend.

When she knew the news that I pulled out all the cases we filed to Leah, she bombarded me with a lot of questions like, why did I do it again? But I told her that everything would be alright. She still not like the fact that I don’t put grudges in anyone. I wanted to forgive and just forget. But that’s one thing Monica wanted me to change.