Matchmaking Disaster (41)

Zac’s P.O.V.

I thought that being forgiven by her meant that we could start all over again. But no! It was the other way around. Just like what they said that night, “Just like before.” That meant, I would be an irritating person to her because that’s what I was to her before.

My reverie was cut off when I heard my doorbell rang. I really wasn’t expecting anyone to visit me.

I pushed myself out of the bed lazily and walked to the front door. Opening it, I saw a familiar black haired girl with her sweet smile plastered on her face. I tried to snap out of reality because this might not be real. But when I pinched my arm, it hurt. This was real.

“Hi,” she said, her sweet voice echoed in my head. I wanted to hug her and never let her go again but I couldn’t. Not anymore.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her. If she was here to know why I wasn’t attending school for a week, I’d be dancing in joy.

She cleared her throat, cupping her elbow. “Well, I’m really not supposed to be here. Harry’s downstairs actually. I just drop by to check on you because your classmates and teammates ask me if I could check on you…”

She wasn’t here because of her will. Pathethic. Who was I kidding? Why would she just visit me? And Harry’ downstairs. I should’ve known. Hoping was not really a good thing. It might slowly and painfully kill you to death.

“So as I can see, you’re okay. I’ll tell them that. I have to go now. Bye,” she muttered, taking a step back then turning on her heel. She was slowly fading. Just like before.

“Sapphire,” I shouted. I had to make my decision. I had to make sure that I was clear to her. So, she would know everything about me.

I ran to her place. She was surprised. Her eyes were wide as a saucer and her lips were parted a little. I could hear her heavy breathing from my spot too. I still had an effect on her.

“What is it Zac?” she inquired, avoiding my gaze.

I lifted her chin up so our eyes are leveled. I wanted to say it to her straight in the eyes.

“Sapphire, I still love you. Why are you doing this to me?” I felt my chest tightened. I was terrified of what she was going to say to me.

She averted again her gaze. “Zac, we’re over.” That’s it? That’s all she could say? “And, I want to move on… already.”

I chuckled but with no humor. She wanted to move on by getting back together with Harry? Oh come on! She’s going back to the past.

“Move on? With Harry? How’s that possible? He’s a past of yours Sapphire. How can you say that you wanted to move on if what you did was go back to the past?”

“I- I’m sorry,” she stammered. I was right. She’s just making her revenge on me by using Harry. Poor guy.

“Sapphire,” I mumbled, a little breathless. “Sapphire, you don’t have to do this. We, we could start over again.”

She looked at me flatly but there were tears forming in the corner of her eyes. “I don’t want to start over with you. Too much. I felt too much pain because of you. I felt so vulnerable whenever I’m with you. I wanted to be someone I want to be. I want to stand on my own,” she drawled.

I took a step back from her and made my way back to my apartment. She really hated me. But I could see that there was pain in her eyes. Why wouldn’t she admit that she still loved me too?

Before I closed my door, O took another glance at her. She was still on the place where I left here. And then a minute later, she was gone.

Maybe meeting her at that matchmaking restaurant wasn’t really luck for me. We’re not match made in heaven. We’re meant to be exes. How cruel life could be.

I said to myself that I wouldn’t lose another important person in my life, but I just did.

I let her go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another short chapter. Very short actually.

Sorry about this one.

But anyway, facebook on the external link.

I almost do by Taylor Swift, song on the side. It’s from her latest album called Red. Grab your copy now. :)