Matchmaking Disaster (31)

Still reading this? I hope yes. :)

Well, I don’t want to keep you waiting.. Here’s chapter 31. Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchmaking Disaster (31)

I’d been listening to Taylor Swift’s Tell Me Why. Tomorrow’s the talent showcase and I gladly entered for it. It just bugged me a little because the lyrics of the song were so fitted for me and Zac.

I was thinking on forgiving Zac but I brushed it off of to the back of my mind. I needed to focus for the talent showcase. And the song that I was going to sing would help me to tell Zac what I really felt. But the last part of the song… Would it be the best?

“Aaaaahhhhh!” I sighed exasperatedly. I didn’t know what to think anymore. I told Monica that I might get back to Harry but in the back of my head, it’s Zac that I wanted. Why was I using Harry was beyond my knowledge. Maybe I would figure it out sooner or later.

Good thing that I had finally a rental. I wouldn’t be bothering Monica to pick me up anymore. Harry insisted to drive me but I refused. I told him that I would love to drive on my own.

There’s no class today since it’s Saturday. I felt a little nervousness in the pit of my stomach. Talent showcase would start at four, so I still had a lot of time to practice and relax.

“Sapphire!” It’s Monica with Harry behind her. “Are you excited?” she giggled. She’s going to perform too with some of her classmates. They were going to dance.

I smiled back and match her enthusiasm, “Yeah! I can’t wait for it.” Then she frowned. “What did I do?” I looked up to Harry and Monica. This time, she glared at me.

“You’re faking it Sapphire. You’re not a good actress, you know. That’s why you’re going to sing.” I poked my tongue out at her.

Harry snickered. He’s enjoying our bickering. “What’s funny? At least I have a talent. Unlike you.”

“I have a talent too, you know,” he winked at me. What was that for?

Monica rolled her eyes. “Well, I see you guys later. We still have our last practice. Bye.” She waved her goodbye to me before glaring to Harry. She still hated him.

Harry looked at me with his puppy dog eyes. “Aawww, he’s sad. Don’t worry, she’ll like you again.” I pat his head like a dog.

I felt nervous, literally nervous. My hands were shaking, my knees grew weak and I felt like my whole body was trembling. I had never felt like this in my entire life before. I’d joined a lot of talent showcase before. What was it that today’s a little different?

‘It’s because of Zac.’

Was it?

‘Yeah! Of course, it is!’ A voice in my head answered. Stupid mind! Why did I have to go mind through like this?

I heard the crowd clapping their hands and Monica’s team was exiting the stage.

“Good luck!” she gave me a quick hug before leaving me.

“This is it Sapphire. You can do it,” I cheered for myself. I had to calm down so I could deliver the message of the song properly.

This was it!

Toffee started strumming the guitar. He’s a friend of Monica who she offered to play a guitar for me. As I heard the intro…

♫ I took a chance, I took a shot