Matchmaking Disaster (11)

I was enjoying my sleep because I’m dreaming that I was a princess. When I heard the doorbell rang, my eyes cracked open. I looked at the clock to see it was just four thirty in the morning. Who would visit this early? It rang again.

I didn’t want to stand up and talked to whoever visited me. I buried my face under my pillow hoping that the visitor would be gone.

DING DONG!

Okay! Whoever it was, he or she wouldn’t go unless I face him or her.

I stood up lazily and walked to the front door. When I opened it, “Surprise!”

“Harry?! What are you doing here? It’s four thirty in the morning. Can’t you wait until eight thirty? Gosh!” I yelled in a whisper.

He scratched the back of his head. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to surprise you.”

“Well, you surprise me. You can go now.” I closed the door but he immediately tucked inside his foot so it wouldn’t close. I opened it again and glared at him. What does he wanted?

“I cheated on you more than once. But that doesn’t mean I don’t love you. It’s just that—“

“That you can’t get me to bed.”

His eyes snapped wide open, surprised about what I had just said. “How did you—“

“Zac told me. I knew you cheated in me before and after we got back together.” I sighed. Since he’s already here, I’m making this decision now. “We’re over.”

He looked down and said, “I’m sorry. I wasted all of the love you gave to me. I just hope you can forgive me.”

I held his chin up so I could look straight in his eyes. There were tears welled up and any minute it’ll fall. Just one blink!

“You’re forgiven Harry but we can’t continue anymore. I’ve been hurt and I don’t want to be hurt all over again.”

He blinked, causing the tears to fall freely on his cheeks. The first time I ever saw him cry. At least I had proven that he’s really sorry.

Before he left, I gave him one last kiss and hug. Two years was good. I just wanted that it’ll be longer than that. But he decided to be a jerk so that’s all we could ever be.

I plopped down on my bed, face down. I could still see his face and the way he looked at me. I couldn’t get any sleep now for what just happened earlier.

Instead of just lying there in my bed, I decided to jog. I wore a sleeveless white loose shirt with a tight black tube on the inside, my favorite jogging pants which were colored violet and a rubber shoes. I braided my hair to the side and got my Ipod.

When I got out of my apartment, I could see a little ray of sun beaming in the sky. The temperature was just right to be outside at five fifteen in the morning.

* * * * *

I stared at my best friend who seemed to be enjoying the news I just gave her. I knew it! I just knew it. She’ll be the first one to celebrate about Harry and I breaking up.

“I’m just so glad that you did the right thing. I mean, he’s such a jerk and you deserve someone better, like the person coming this way.”

I turned my head a little to the side to see who was she’s talking about. Yep! My instincts were right. It’s Zac.

“Hey ladies,” he said as he took a seat beside me.

I just gave him a small smile. I didn’t know if he already knew about me and Harry, but I’m not planning to spill it to him. Well, not today. Thoughts inside my head were fighting and it really, really bothered me so much. I loved Harry and I couldn’t just flirt with some guy after our break up.

“Are you okay?” he asked, taking off some loose strands of hair in my cheek and tucked it in my ear.

Monica stood up saying, “I’ll go now. I need to grab something at the library before the next class. See you later.” I looked at her, eyeing the words ‘Don’t leave me here with him’. And she simply answered, eyeing it too, ‘Stay there. Talk to him’

She waved goodbye and spun her heels towards the exit of the cafeteria.

“What’s wrong?” he leaned closer.

I didn’t want to deal with him right now. I stood up, not wanting to answer his questions and walked away.

My work was done. I didn’t need him anymore. Harry and I already broke up so getting revenge was not really necessary anymore. At least, I got a little.

When I was out of the cafeteria, I felt someone grabbed my arm. Zac wouldn’t stop, would he?

“Tell me what’s wrong!” he was panting, trying to control his heavy breathing. “What’s wrong?” he asked again.

He couldn’t really read situation like this.

I brushed my arm off of his grip, but it didn’t. He tightened his grip and pulling me closer to him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked for the nth time. The look in face was serious. So serious that I thought I would be lost in those pair of forest green eyes.

“I-I-“ I stuttered. I really didn’t know what to say to him. Couldn’t he just let me go? Apparently not. He wouldn’t unless he hear some answers. “Harry…” I cleared my throat. “Harry and I broke up. I didn’t want to talk about it, so please just let me go.” I removed my gaze at him. I felt tears brimming on my eyelids. I tried to blink it away but it slid down to my cheeks.

Zac’s grip on me loosened and he put his thumb on my cheek, wiping the tears. “I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

I just nodded and walked past him. The tears were still falling unintentionally. I wiped it off with the back of my hand. Before I could notice, I bumped into someone, causing me to stumble and fall onto my knees.

I was such a wimp.

“I’m sorry.” I looked up to see the person I bumped with.

He was brunette, tall and perfectly fit. He’s wearing gray sweatshirt and ragged jeans. He looked like a model from a magazine.

He reached up for my hand and helped me to get up. Wow! He had amazing blue eyes, with a touch of gray. He somewhat looked familiar. But who am I kidding; I hadn’t seen this guy before in my life.

“I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking at my way.” I apologized as I dusted off some dirt on me.

“Sapphire?” he narrowed his eyes at me, taking a closer look at my face.

Okay! That was weird. He knew who I was and I didn’t even know his name.

Who’s this guy anyway?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who do you think it was? J

Okay, I uploaded this early because I won’t be uploading until Friday. So yeah. Your votes and comments will be much appreciated, as it inspires me to write more. Please do tell me what you think.

See you after 5 days.,