Chapter 33

Reiner and Bertholdt bought about ten packs of Y/n's favorite chocolate. "Reiner I think that is enough... Even with all that chocolate bars, she'll never be mine. I think I'm backing out."

"What? Bertholdt we been through this many times. If you're not that confident on getting her to say yes, at least do this to get that feeling off your chest." Reiner poked Bertholdt's chest a couple of times.

"I think I'll ruin our friendship after this." Bertholdt said looking down.

"No, you're not. I asked her out when we were in high school and she said No. We're still friends."

"You asked her out?"

"Yeah, that's how I met Historia."

Bertholdt sighed and agreed to confess.

Wearing his best dress shirt and pants, the tall male and his friend walked to Y/n's house. Bertholdt held the bouquet tightly. His sweat dripping down his face. "Bro, you're so sweaty."

Bertholdt's eyes widen. He wipe his face with the handkerchief he brought. "Maybe I should go home." He said, looking at the bouquet in his arms.

"No, Bert. You can't go back now. Remember what you told me before we got here? You'll confess to her to get that off your chest."

"Reiner, I know she'll say No. She already have Levi by her side."

"Bertholdt, I don't know if you want her to be free or you want her to be only yours. What do you really want?"

"I want to set her free."

Reiner sighed, "Let's go."

Reiner and Bertholdt walked up to L/n's doorstep. "Knock on the door." Reiner said.

"What?! Me?!"

"Yeah, who the f*ck is the one confessing? I'm just here for support."

"Fine." Bertholdt's shaky hand knocked on the door for three times. The pair waited for a moment before the door opened.

"Oh hi Bertholdt and Reiner!" Y/n let them inside her house. "What brings you here?" Y/n scanned Bertholdt's clothes and the bouquet on his hands. "What's the occasion?" she asked.

None of the guys spoke before Reiner nudged Bertholdt's arm. "I-I-I'm h-here to tell you s-something."

"Bertholdt you can tell me anything." Y/n smiled.

"W-we go--" Reiner nudged Bertholdt's arm again. "I got this f-for you." Bertholdt gave Y/n the bouquet of her favorite flowers.

"Aweee Thank you so much, Bert. You're so sweet."

"And this." Bertholdt took the box from Reiner and showed it to Y/n.

"Thank you so much. Let me find a vase and we'll go up to my room so we could talk."

Y/n quickly ran away for a few seconds but got back with a glass vase in her arms. She put water in it and put the flowers in. "Let's go to my room." Y/n said walking up the stairs to her room.

Bertholdt swallowed the lump in his throat, Reiner saw this and gave him a reassuring smile. They followed Y/n to her room and sat on Y/n's bed why she pulls out her brand new bean bag closer to them.

"So... What do you both want to talk about?" Y/n asked.

"Well... Actually, Bertholdt was the only one who wants to talk to you." Reiner said, standing up. "I'll go wait outside." He said, walking outside and closing the door.

"Oh, Ok. What do you want to talk about?"

"I-I want to tell you t-that..."

Y/n raised both of her eyebrows, waiting for Bertholdt to continue. He swallowed the forming lump in his throat.