Chapter 32- Lover's Quarrel

"WE'LL GIVE OUR FIGHTERS A BREAK BEFORE CONTINUING ON! YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE, FOLKS!" Chattering fills the air as the crowd flows to concessions, excitedly talking about the next fight.

"Who do you think will win?"

"Well that Saiki kid, obviously."

"I don't know, Bakugo seems pretty determined."

"But Saiki is so powerful!"

"Yeah, we could probably beat anyone who crosses his path."
"Definitely."

I grumble, placing the ring on my finger and sighing in relief as silence fills my mind once more.

"What a pain," I mutter, annoyed. I'm used to foreign voices in my mind, but not this many. The whole population of Japan could probably fit in that stupid stadium. I sigh, glancing at the crowd from my spot in the shadows. Chills immediately run down my spine as I catch mom staring at me, her eyes glinting bright red. I don't need my powers to know she wants me to win. I tear my gaze away, glancing at the press box. I can see Aizawa sleeping, well, trying to sleep, as Yamada nudges him, probably asking who he thinks will win the next fight. Dad jumps in, adding his opinion just to be ignored.

"Honestly, how did that idiot get a job here?" I mutter, bored.

"SAIKI! There you are!" I jump slightly, surprised by the sudden hand on my shoulder.

"Why'd you leave, buddy?"

"Yeah, how are we supposed to wish you luck when we can't even find you?" I turn to find Hairo, Kirishima, and Nendo, each gleaming with excitement.

"Kaido would've come, but he's hiding in the bathroom crying."

"Dude, he asked us not to tell anyone!"

"Oops, sorry."

"Can you just leave?" I roll my eyes, turning away from the group.

"Hey, don't be like that!" Hairo yells excitedly, slapping my back.

"Maybe we should just let him prepare. After all, he's fighting Bakugo..." I glance at Kirishima, hiding my concern with my resting indifferent face.

What does that mean? How much does he know? I instinctively reach for my finger, but I can't bring myself to take off the ring. I don't want to pry into Bakugo's personal life. He can talk to who he wants about what he wants. It shouldn't matter to me. Why would it?

"What does that have to do with anything?" Hairo asks, tilting his head.

"Oh, nothing." Kirishima muses, waving his hand dismissively. "Anyway, I'm going to go wish Bakugo good luck! Oh, and good luck to you too, Saiki!" I nod at Kirishima, who's running off to find his explosive friend. Hairo watches him, then glances back to me.

"Good luck out there. Don't hold back. I'm rooting for you." He smiles, his aura strengthening with motivation as his quirk seeps toward me.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I'm surprised you of all people are trying to help me cheat. But, either way, I don't need it." Hairo's eyes widen as he realizes his quirk isn't under control.

"I'm so sorry! I just... I didn't mean to!" He covers his face, awkwardly running after Kirishima. I roll my eyes, glancing at the last foe. Nendo's mouth is open, drool running down his chin as he stares at me.

"If you leave, I'll give you ramen tomorrow at lunch." Nendo's eyes suddenly light up as he straightens.

"Okay, buddy! If that's what you want!" As he walks away, the disgusting roach appears, scurrying across his shoulder. I restrain from teleporting away, instead focusing on the arena.