Chapter 83- You can Count on Me!

A doctor opens the door to Midoriya's room, kindly requesting that his classmates depart so that he can explain the situation to Midoriya. The class agrees, deciding to check on Iida and his recovery from the gas. Midoriya quietly thanks them for visiting, as if raising his voice too loudly would scare them off for good. Their conversation hadn't been a light one– it definitely left the teens' minds foggy with indecision. Should they team up and save their classmate, breaking the law to do so, or sit back and do nothing while their classmate is going through who-knows-what. Though Saiki isn't the most extroverted person, he still has a lot of friends in the class, and those who aren't close with him still respect the hell out of him. His kidnapping has certainly left a mark on everyone in the class; it'll be hard to not join the efforts of saving him. Kirishima eyes the doctor, who's on the other side of the room, and remains beside Deku for a moment longer than the rest.

"We talked to Yaoyorozu yesterday. If we do this, it's tonight. I know you have some pretty hardcore injuries, so I don't know if you can go. But I wanted to invite you." Hairo pauses by the door, bending down as if tying his shoe while he listens in on the conversation behind him. "We'll meet in front of the hospital after dark." Hairo stands once more, his brow furrowed in confusion as he tries to decide what to do. On one hand, it's illegal to go, on the other, it's his duty to protect his classmates... right? While he ponders his decisions, Hairo bumps into Bakugo, who tchs in annoyance but doesn't do much more. Hairo quickly apologizes, though Bakugo isn't looking for an apology. He instead ignores the redhead in favor of another.

"Kirishima. When are you leaving?" Bakugo asks, disregarding the fact that their class president is mere feet away. Kirishima hushes his blonde friend, ushering him to a nearby pair of chairs out of the way from the rest of the class.

"We'll leave tonight. Todoroki and I for sure. Maybe Midoriya and Yaoyorozu. I'm assuming you'll be going?" Bakugo nods determinedly, his eyes frozen to the ground. Kirishima smiles sadly, placing a firm hand onto the blonde's shoulder. "We'll get him back. Just you wait." There's a moment of silence before Bakugo shrugs his friend off of him. The explosive teen stands up, shoves his hands into his pockets, and leaves.

Kirishima, Bakugo, and Todoroki stand in silence as the cold night breeze ruffles their hair, sending cold chills down their necks. Bakugo begins to pace as the seconds pass, his impatience growing at every tick of the clock.

"Where is she?" He asks, his anger overflowing a little.

"I'm sure she'll come!" Kirishima reassures, his smile tight with worry.

"And if she doesn't that's her decision. We shouldn't get mad at her." Todoroki reminds Bakugo, his monotone voice showing a hint of annoyance as he watches Bakugo's pace slowly morph into an angry march.

"And how long will Saiki have to wait?" He hisses, carding his hands through his hair and grimacing at the matted hair. He hasn't taken care of himself as much as he should– he has been far too worried. "I should've left ages ago." Bakugo turns to leave, though stops when Yaoyorozu exits the hospital, her ponytail high and proud but her posture slouched and unsure. Behind her follows Midoriya; his green eyes shine with tenacity. His arms hang loosely by his side, the bandages significantly smaller than before and now easier to manage. Recovery Girl's quirk really is the best.

"Where is it?" Bakugo nearly yells, keeping his voice down only to remain at least a little less noticeable. He doesn't want extra attention. Yaoyorozu flinches at the sudden voice, slightly surprised by the urgency behind it. She opens her mouth to answer his question, though she's cut off by a familiar voice.

"Wait a minute," Hairo speaks, making his way to the group. They all turn to him, none thrown off by his presence. After all, he is the class rep. "You guys should rethink going. I know it's not like me to say that but..." He sighs, bringing his eyes up and meet with everyone in the small circle surrounding him. "There are professional heroes out looking for him. What if we only get in the way?" Hairo asks, lacking any good reasons for the group to stay.

"We'll just have to stay out of their way," Bakugo answers as if that was so obvious that anyone could have figured it out.

"And what if we can't?"

"Look. I don't really care if you try to stop us; you won't stop me. I'm going after Saiki no matter what you say." Bakugo snarls, starting to get annoyed by Hairo's existence.

"I'm fully aware of that," Hairo responds, a slight smirk on the side of his face. "Which is why I'm going with you. We'll get Saiki back. I promise."

"You're absolutely positive he has no chances of escaping?" Shigaraki insures for the seventh time, his eyebrow raised as Kusuke nods his head.

"I've made sure that he is powerless. He has no escape." Saiki grimaces as he pulls against the chains, the fruitless endeavor doing nothing but allowing the noises to echo endlessly into the air. Shigaraki nods in understanding, turning to the bar.

"We need to do some scouting. Who wants to stay and watch the brat?"

"Oh, I do! Pick me! As if I would want to do it!" Twice pipes up, his smile wide and his eyes crinkled with excitement. He waves his hand excitedly, like a middle schooler who knows the right answer to a difficult question, or maybe more like a kindergarten asking to leave to use the restroom. Shigaraki narrows his eyes, absent-mindedly scratching his neck as he counts the pros and cons in his head. He glances at Kusuke, who shrugs with indifference, and makes his decision.

"Fine, you can stay. But if he's gone..."

"He might be. You can count on me!"

=^.^=

Sorry for the crappy chapter; I'm really tired and had yet another busy weekend. Graduating is tiresome -_- 

To make up for it here is some fanart by the amazing Vald0zink!

I love them so much, thank you!!! <3