Chapter 87- Shall We Begin?

Wood quickly spreads throughout the small room; the villains being immediately captured by Kamui Woods. The villains have no time to react as Gran Torino knocks the more troublesome ones out, leaving the group practically defenseless. All Might stands in victory with his hands on his hips, his smile wide as if he had done anything to help other than knock down a wall.

"Now, where are you keeping young Saiki?" He interrogates, his eyes narrowing at Shigaraki, who nods his head toward the door Saiki had been behind. The villain seemed too complacent; his smirk kept All Might on edge, but the blonde hero saw no way the villains could escape. Police storm into the building, hastily breaking down the door Shigaraki had pointed out and gushing into the room.

"No one is here," one mutters, his small voice greatly contradicting his armor and his build. All Might's brow furrows in anger, but not as much as Shigaraki's as he whips his head to his underling.

"Twice, where's the brat?"

What a pain. I roll my eyes as yet another person stops to try to pet me, their annoying coos quickly turning into harsh scoffs as I slash at them and run a few steps to stay away from them. It has been ages since I was a cat, I almost forgot how troublesome it is. I continue to wander down the road, my ears perked as I search for signs of my classmates. There is a large chance that a few are out searching for me. As nice as that is, I would prefer they remain in the hospital where they belong.

Finally, I smell what I've been looking for. I stop and sniff the air to be certain, then run full speed toward the scent. The closer I get, the stronger the caramel-like scent is. Bakugo.

"Wait, is that..." Midoriya stands in awe as Mount Lady lifts up her leg, her foot clad with a flatbed semi somehow sitting like a shoe even though that is not how semis work at all. She smirks before dropping her leg, the action destroying the abandoned building beneath her and sending a large burst of wind toward any bystanders. The group from 1-A grab onto the wall in front of them, barely managing to remain in their fixed position.

While the others rub various parts of their body in pain, Hairo stands with his fists balled and his eyes shining.

"That was amazing! Did you guys see it? The tenacity in that kick was... beautiful," tears start to pierce his eyes, the overwhelming joy of seeing the motivation in heroes up close becoming too much for the teen.

"It's her job," Todoroki mutters, unimpressed with Mount Lady and unsurprised by Hairo. Hairo gasps, a hand over his chest as he realizes the lack of determination in Todoroki.

"I have failed you," the redhead cries, the tears falling heavier and with more purpose. "I'm so sorry."

"Ew! Are these gross dudes really alive?" Mount Lady wrinkles her nose in disgust as the nomu in her hand struggle for freedom. "I thought we'd be in for a fight but this was super easy... maybe we should have left this to the police and gone with All Might," she complains, glancing toward the much smaller hero next to her. Best Jeanist inwardly sighs at the novice's complaints, his quirk successfully holding multiple nomu.

"Difficulty and importance are two very different things, rookie," he explains as if his comrade were a child. She pouts but doesn't argue. "Riot squad, get the transport! There could be more of them. Be on your guard!" The number four hero orders, satisfied with the quick reaction of the police.

"Come on, Ragdoll! Wake up for me!" Tiger pleas, gently holding her unconscious body in his arms. Gang Orca notices him and comes over to see if he needs any help.

"The heroes are here, we should be able to leave, right?" Yaoyorozu questions, tilting her head at her classmates. They all nod, save for Bakugo, who is staring at the heroes, his eyes narrowed.

"Where is he?"

"Come on, Kacchan, we should leave," Midoriya urges his friend, pulling on the blonde's sleeve. Bakugo nods in defeat but stops when he feels a small weight on his pant leg, along with a small prick. While the others are leaving, he kneels, tilting his head at the animal before him.

"Saiki?" He whispers, gently reaching out to pet me. I nod, unable to speak thanks to the third limiter, which remains inbetween my normal two.

Good thing I showed him my previous life. He's one of very few in this universe that know of this power.

"I'm sorry, Tiger, but Ragdoll's quirk was so useful, I just had to take it. How could I not?" An ominous voice rings out from the shadows; it causes my fur to instinctually stand on end.

"Are you with the league?"

"Since my body was mostly destroyed, I haven't been able to stock up on quirks," the voice continues, its owner slowly coming closer to the light. His dark, unafraid silhouette causes the heroes to stiffen.

"Don't move!" The man disregards the order, taking a step closer to the light. Best Jeanist immediately acts, stiffening the clothes of the potential villain to keep him from moving.

"Hey!" Mount Lady protests, her rookie behavior shining through.

"Hesitation could decide the fight! We can't let these villains try anything!" Best Jeanist struggles to say. His quirk doesn't hold for long; the man easily breaks through it with one of many quirks, which travels through the strands holding him and explodes Best Jeanist.

My classmates stand, frozen in fear, behind the wall just yards away from the villain who just seriously injured a pro hero in the blink of an eye. Even Hairo, with his endless supply of determination, is frozen, unable to find a bright spot in this darkness.

"Tomura has finally started thinking rationally and making decisions by himself. I do wish that you hadn't gotten in his way," he says, as if he's disappointed that he will have to fight instead of his successor. "Now then. Shall we begin?"

=^.^=

This amazing drawing of our boy Bakugo was colored by Bleh093 and drawn by their friend (who doesn't have Wattpad but their initials are RG)! =)