Chapter 68- Kusuke?

We're given a short break as the moon rises, waiting for the perfect hour before we commence the scaring competition. Pixie-Bob seems a bit too excited, but I won't complain.

"Perfect. We've filled our bellies and cleaned the dishes! It's time for!!!"

"An extremely manly competition!!!" Kirishima yells, his excitement being matched by the other students unlucky enough to be getting extra lessons. Their celebration is cut off by Aizawa, his harsh truths of their lack of talent, and their need for even more classes. He somehow wraps his scarf around all five of the kids, dragging them back to the building as they whine.

"Anyway!" Pixie-Bob smiles, drawing our attention back to her. "Class B is going to start out as our scarers. When they're in place, Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes! There are tags with your names on them in the far end of the route. Your goal is to collect those!"

"Revelry in the dark," Tokoyami mumbles, his eyes narrowing.

Why does he keep saying that...?

"Now, those who are scarers aren't allowed to make physical contact. Use your quirks to terrify the others, got it?" Pixie-Bob finishes, bouncing in excitement.

"The winners are the creative students who make the most people piss their pants!" Tiger adds, clearly far more excited than he should be.

"All right! Everyone draw to see who your partner will be!" The class nods, reaching into the basket to grab a number.

They promised me coffee jelly if I went by myself... sorry, Bakugo. I grab number eight, watching as the pairs slowly group together. I can't help but chuckle at how upset Bakugo seems to be that he's with Todoroki.

"Who's your partner? I'll switch with them so I don't have to be with this icy-hot bastard!"

I don't have one. Bakugo pauses, his mind processing what I'm saying for a second.

"Oh, I see... there are 20 people in our class, but five people are taking extra studies, so there's an odd number..." Midoriya deduces, his hand on his chin. "I guess we're lucky Saiki is alone, he shouldn't have a problem getting through!" Bakugo tchs, stomping back to Todoroki to persuade him to go alone.

TEAMS:

FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI AND CHISATO MERA

KATSUKI BAKUGO AND SHOTO TODOROKI

TSUYU ASUI AND MOMO YAOYOROZU

TENYA IIDA AND KINESHI HAIRO

DENKI KAMINARI AND RIKI NENDO

OCHACO URARAKA AND SHUN KAIDO

IZUKU MIDORIYA AND HANTA SERO

KUSUO SAIKI

It's nearing the end of students left. The few of us huddle around the clearing, listening as shrieks ring out in the night.

"Next team!" Pixie-Bob announces, shooing Kaminari and Nendo in the forest. "That's you two kittens! Off you go!"

Why do I have to be with Nendo of all people? I would have much preferred literally anyone else, Nendo is scary! The idea of my smarts (as limited as they are) leaving me is horrifying!

The pair walk in silence, Kaminari occasionally glancing at the much taller teen beside him.

"Are you still mad about the fight?" Nendo asks, sparking up a conversation.

"Oh, uh, not really. You did what you had to!"

"Well, I'm sorry. I hope we're still buddies." Kaminari relaxes, smiling at Nendo.