Chapter 5- What I Can Do for Now

He caught it? Nearly everyone thinks, including me. That throw could've broken the sound barrier, had I tried just a bit harder. Nendo chuckles menacingly, sitting up and wiping a trickle of blood from his lips.

"Thanks for going easy on me, buddy."

That was easy? I feel everyone's eyes on me, their anxiety rising.

"But we're enemies right now, so don't go easy on me, okay?" Nendo sneers, his eyes seemingly illuminating brightly. "Because I'm not going to go easy on you." He catapults the ball, hitting the unsuspected yellow-haired kid. The ball bounces off him, blasting straight for the redhead. He hardens himself with his quirk, taking the hit and catching the ball.

"That hurt!" The yellow-headed boy complains, holding his arm tightly. A bruise is already forming, creeping its way up his arm.

"Sorry, buddy. I tried not to throw it too hard." Nendo claims, scratching his head nervously. The class gulps, unsure of how to handle their classmates' powers.

"Anyway, I guess it's my turn to throw now!" The red hair says passionately, throwing the ball towards the bird-headed child. He mutters to himself and a small creature appears from his chest, catching the flying object. He, without hesitation, throws the ball back, catching the girl with the ponytail off guard and hitting her in the leg. "Infinity Girl" picks up the ball, which had rolled to her, and throws it to the yellow-haired kid. He catches it, hitting Iida in the back.

"Great strategizing, team!"

"We're on different teams...."

"That doesn't mean I can't congratulate you, Uraraka!" While the two are arguing Bakugo picks up the ball, using his quirk to blast it forward. It propels toward Uraraka, time seemingly slowing as it flies for her face.

"Yeah, bu-AHH!" Midoriya dives forward, taking the hit for her. He's pushed back and he falls on top of her like some cheesy romance novel. Meanwhile, the ball flies for tape-arms, who fails to react fast enough to catch it. The ball bounces off his shoulder, now flying toward Teruhashi. She flinches, bringing her arms up to protect her face.

"Someone catch it!" She cries, somehow not losing her composure. Hairo jumps forward, catching the ball just in time.

"Bakugo! That wasn't very nice."

"Why should I care, blue hair?"

Why isn't my quirk working?

"Of course you should care! You need to be nice to be a hero, right?"

"That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day!"

Huh? Is my quirk not working on him?

"Hairo, could you be a dear and get him out?"

"Huh? Oh, of course, Teruhashi." Hairo turns to Bakugo, his eyes glazed over as he mindlessly ambles forward. His aura is somehow not his own usual, peppy self, but instead one filled with the intense urge to get vengeance for Teruhashi. He screams angrily, jumping into the air and slamming the ball down. It blasts at Bakugo, hitting him square in the chest, then ricocheting and hitting the frog girl and Mera.

"Yay! You did it, Hairo!" Teruhashi cheers, jumping up and down.

So my quirk isn't gone... does it just not work on Bakugo? But why?

KOKOMI TERUHASHI. HER QUIRK: ENSLAVE!

ANYONE WHO SEES HER IS ENSLAVED TO HER UNTIL SHE SEES FIT! IT WORKS BEST ON MALES, THOUGH WORKS TO SOME DEGREE ON FEMALES AS WELL! IT DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK ON BAKUGO!

"YOU'RE GONNA DIE FOR THAT YOU BASTARD!"

"Now, now. Calm down, Bakugo." Father interrupts, sweat dripping down his temple.

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO YOU USELESS PIECE OF TRASH!" Bakugo turns to his teacher, lunging forward and grabbing his prey by the collar.

"H-hey now," Dad stutters, terror spreading through his whole being. Bakugo sets him down, turns to me, and dives forward.

He thinks he's so much better than me. I'll show him!

"YOU INFERIOR WORTHLESS PIECE OF MEAT!" Bakugo pulls his palm back, sparks flying. I catch his hand, blocking his attack.

Since when was I apart of this argument? What a pain. Bakugo, now completely red with anger, pushes me to the ground, situating me beneath him. I don't react, knowing that if I do he'll get what he wants.

"B-boys! Stop this at once!"

Don't look at me, I didn't do anything. Bakugo pulls back his palm again, using his quirk once more. He thrusts his hand forward, but his attack stops when his sparks suddenly do.

The hell? He looks at his palm, then angrily around.

"STOP DOING THAT!" Bakugo yells, staring at Aizawa.

"If you attack another student one more time I'll expel you, Bakugo." Bakugo looks down at me, his hatred radiating off him.

"You two look like a couple!" Nendo laughs, pointing at us. Bakugo's legs are still straddled around my stomach, keeping me in place for his attack.

"What did you say, you idiot?" Bakugo growls, getting off me and walking toward Nendo.

"Bakugo, don't make a mistake you'll regret," Aizawa mutters, clearly not caring either way. Bakugo stops in his tracks, his nails drawing blood as he clenches his fist.

"Fine."

"I think I've seen enough. This game is over."

You slept the whole time though....

"Let's go look at your rankings now." Aizawa grunts, waving us to follow him. We do so, abandoning our game of dodgeball. We come to a blank screen, and Aizawa clicks a button to reveal our rankings.

1) KUSUO SAIKI

2) SHOTO TODOROKI

3) RIKI NENDO

4) KATSUKI BAKUGO

5) KINESHI HAIRO

6) TENYA IIDA

7) FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI

8) EIJIRO KIRISHIMA

9) MOMO YAOYOROZU

10) CHIYO YUMEHARA

11) OCHACO URARAKA

12) MASHIRAO OJIRO

13) KOKOMI TERUHASHI

14) HANTA SERO

15) TSUYU ASUI

16) DENKI KAMINARI

17) SHUN KAIDO

18) CHISATO MERA

19) IZUKU MIDORIYA

20) METORI SAIKO

Good thing they can't send me home, dad would never allow it. Saiko thinks, smiling richly.

"That means..."

Crap. If I expel that kid, I'll be dead by tomorrow. Or maybe rich... hmm... not worth the risk.

"This was all a ruse. No one's expelled."

I see through your lies, Aizawa.