4

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness : only light can do that

Hate cannot drive out hate : only love can do that."
Martin Luther King Jr.

The light of the bedroom opened, waking Alexie up. She groaned and sat up as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. The young woman turned to the door and was met by the short and handsome - but very impatient looking- mob boss.

"Get ready, Harrison's going to drive you to your place." He announced, turning around as soon as he finished. H was about to shut the door behind him before he was stopped by a gentle yet croaky voice.

"I'm leaving?" She asked, confused about why they would kidnap her for only 24 hours. What was the point of it all?

"Yeah." Was all she heard from him before he shut the door, leaving the light opened. She was annoyed at him, to say the least. The whole waking up thing was rude enough on it's own, he could've at least knocked or left the light shut. Alexie almost groaned out loud at his rudeness but decided against it because it was no use if he didn't hear her. Soon enough, she did as she was told and got ready.

The woman took the longest shower she could, after all, she wouldn't have to pay for the water nor the soap. She got dressed with the clothes they had apparently stocked in the bag from when they -most probably- broke into her apartment. Alexie finished getting ready and packed her bag again, taking one last look at the beautiful room she had somehow gotten used to in the few hours she had spent there, and left the room completely. She went directly downstairs, finding her way to the front door quite easily. As H had told her, Harrison was waiting for her. He smiled softly at her and as he opened the door for the woman, a voice was heard from down the hall.

"Hope it was worth fucking us up, Sinclair!" The rough voice that she recognized as Josh's was heard through the room. Harrison turned around harshly and glared at him, yet he didn't say anything. The woman observed Harrison's reaction and then faced Josh with a confused expression on her face. "You fucking dumb bitch, you don't even know who you are." He half scoffed and half laughed at her as he approached, "You fucking put us in trouble you cunt-"

"Shut the fuck up." H's harsh voice boomed in the room as he stepped in from the kitchen. His hard expression talked for itself and Josh's shoulders that used to scream confidence now screamed fear of his boss. Alexie almost smirked at the sight but she was much too confused about the man's words to find amusement in his misery. "And get the fuck out of here, Josh."

"But-but, you're letting her go, boss!" He argued and H raised his eyebrows at him as if he was asking him if he were really second guessing his choice.

"Yeah, got a problem with that?" H stepped forward, his chest almost colliding with Josh's. Alexie had to admit, even though he was only medium built and quite short, H was very intimidating and she had no doubt he could (and would) beat someone to a pulp.