25

"She would rather light candles than curse the darkness and her glow has warmed the world

"She would rather light candles than curse the darkness and her glow has warmed the world." Stevenson

Tom woke up the next day feeling like he hadn't felt in years ; light. He knew it was bad news for his plan and if there was one thing he was consistent about it was keeping his plans in line. Though this time he knew he fucked it up the moment he slightly let her in. And that wasn't last night. The moment he started heating up her meals at midnight he was already doomed. There were many more occasions where he mindlessly let her in without noticing but now there was definitely no turning back from this.

He had connected with her completely and Tom was well aware he wouldn't be able to just push her away and take his distance. The young man knew how one nights worked and that just wasn't it. He couldn't even pretend it was one, let alone act like it.

So he embraced the light feeling she gave him while still reminding himself of what he had to do today. Tom had yet to inform her of the fact that his plan was taking place today and he could only imagine how angry she would be once he finally told her. He knew she wanted more time with them but it was being cut short by the man himself.

Tom glanced at the woman in his arms and took notice of her soft features. She seemed extremely calm and serene. Her lips were slightly parted as she breathed out from her mouth, the air ending up on Tom's naked chest. He held her by the waist as one of her arms was wrapped around his neck and the other rested against his collar bone. The young man enjoyed the feeling of her soft hands against his bruised skin, which didn't hurt all that much anymore.

But most of all, he enjoyed the closeness he felt not only physically but psychologically. He felt like he was whipped for feeling that way. Tom usually didn't let feelings get involved with sex, but he did with Alexie - and as he looked at her he couldn't bring himself to regret it.

Though when he went downstairs, Harrison brought him back to reality and regret started sinking in. Regret of pushing it too far when he knew what he had to do ; regret of having to let go of the woman.

Harrison noticed the way Tom's usually confident figure slumped down in his seat as he brought up the meeting they had in a few hours. Even if he knew better than to ask, he took a chance and did it anyway. The man figured something had happened between the two, but he didn't know to what extent.

"I fucked up." Tom opened up, surprising Harrison who looked at him with wide eyes. Even Penelope, who was sitting in the living room doing her crosswords puzzle raised her head up in surprise. She was sure Tom would tell Harrison to fuck off when he asked what was up. Harrison stayed silent, giving Tom all the time he needed to explain himself. "I, uh, pushed it too far, I guess." He vaguely explained.

But it was more than enough for both Harrison and Penelope to understand. It had gone way past a few kisses. And if Tom felt bad about it, it meant that he caught feelings and regretted whatever plans he had in mind.