27

"Beyond a doubt truth bears the same relation to falsehood as light to darkness

"Beyond a doubt truth bears the same relation to falsehood as light to darkness." Vinci

Tom knew what he had to do then.

He rose from his seat silently as slowly, not even giving attention to the other people in the room who stared at him. All of them worried about what his next step would be. Harrison knew Tom wasn't one to act on impulse and when he did - it wasn't pretty. Harrison was angry and disgusted by John Sinclair. He couldn't believe a man had a daughter and treated her that way.

Alexie hated how they spoke like she wasn't there. She hated how they belittled her. She hated how her own father, the one man who was supposed to love and support her, was so willing to screw her whole life up for his own benefit. She couldn't believe her life had come to this, mobs and lies. Before Tom could do anything, Alexie grabbed his wrist and tugged on it.

Surprised, Tom stopped his movements and turned to her. She felt all eyes on her, but she couldn't bring herself to care anymore. It had gone too far. She got up and walked confidently around the table, stopping right next to John who made a point to not look directly at her. Ryan was on edge, ready to react if she took it a step too far.

Harrison kept his eyes on Ryan, noticing how much he watched Alexie. Tom, on the other hand, kept his eyes on John - who stared right back at him. They were all concentrated on each other, too much to notice Alexie smoothly grabbing John's gun from the table.

All eyes turned to her as she examined the gun, none of them expected her to touch the thing- not even John who finally looked ay her.

"All my life you played me like a fucking puppet." She toyed with the gun, trying it out in front of her but never actually pointing it at anyone. "But you know what, John? I'm done letting you control me and my life." Alexie pointed the gun at him and Tom's eyes widened as she took off the safety. Her finger hovered over the trigger but she didn't get to even press against it before John threw himself at her. She fell backwards as he knocked the gun out of her hand and slid it backwards.

Without thinking twice, Tom and Harrison sprung on their feet but apparently not fast enough. John's fist repeatedly hit Alexie's side and face before Tom even got to him. As soon as she saw Tom by their side, she used all of her strength to kick him off of her and with Tom's help it worked. Tom hit him square in the face, not holding back this time. Though he didn't notice Ryan with the gun in his hand, and he didn't notice it until it was planted on the back of his head.

Tom instantly rose up, holding his hands up in the air. Harrison had pulled out his gun as well, pointing it directly at Ryan. Though it was impossible for him to get a good shot because Ryan held Tom in a way that any bullet would hurt Tom as well. What they missed during the whole commotion was the two men who walked in, with guns, ready to grab anyone in their way.

Turns out that person was, Alexie. The taller and stronger man held her close to her chest by the throat - a gun to her head as he choked her slightly. The girl coughed, trying to catch her breath as much as she could. Tom mentally pleaded for Harrison to react and save the girl- but he knew better. He knew Harrison would never risk getting Tom hurt and he knew Ryan would shoot the fuck out of him if something were to happen to Alexie.