26

"Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness

"Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness." Carlyle

Tom raised his fist and knocked on the door- three times - before pushing it back down to his side. He turned his head slightly to take a look at the woman behind him. She was looking from side to side, paranoid that someone would jump out of nowhere and pull a gun to her head. Which ironically enough wasn't impossible.

They waited a few minutes and as Tom was slowly losing his patience, considering busting in the door and walking in on his own, someone finally pulled open the door. The man standing on the other side was unknown to Tom and Harrison, so they grew extremely conscious very quickly. Alexie took note of their body language stiffening at the sight of the man behind the door - even though she wasn't quite sure why they did so.

The man invited them in, Tom and Harrison making a point of keeping the woman between the two of them as they walked through the house. She followed their lead, knowing very well she had no idea what was going to happen and how to defend herself if anything did happen.

The place they were in looked huge from the outside and the inside was not disappointing. It looked beautiful and was very huge as well. Alexie was sure that if they were to leave her by herself, she could never find her way back out.

They were brought to a large conference room and were told to take a seat. Both men kept their strategy of keeping the woman between them as they sat down, waiting for the men to walk in.

Alexie nervously fiddled with her fingers as her hands rested on the table. Her chest heaved up and down, quite heavier than usual. Harrison and Tom both took notice of it and instantly knew what effect it could have on their deal. Harrison just glanced at Tom, silently asking him to do something.

Tom exhaled deeply, reaching out to grab one of her hands in his and interlocking their fingers as he rested their hands on her lap. He knew it was a risky move, considering she was mad at him and he couldn't exactly show his caring side at that moment. Nonetheless, he kept his hands in hers and rubbed his thumb against the back of her soft skin - hoping to help her calm down.

Unknowingly, he did help her calm down. She was still extremely anxious as she had no idea what was going to happen. Plus, she truly did not want to face John Sinclair after everything she went through because of him. She turned to Tom and he noticed the panic in her eyes, his heart instantly softening at the sight. All he wanted was to pull her in his arms and hold her. But he snapped out of it, whispering quickly as he heard footsteps coming closer to the door.

"You'll be fine." He assured her, letting go of her hand just as John Sinclair and Ryan walked through the door. Her breath instantly got caught up in her throat at the sight of them, wishing she was still holding Tom's hand.

Tom and Harrison held their composure. The taller man leaned back in his chair as if he didn't give a care in the world as the other leaned forward with his arms on the table, giving off the impression that he was in control of the meeting. Which wasn't entirely wrong, even Sinclair knew he had to be careful if he wanted to win the woman back - but he knew he would still have to put up a fight.