3

"You're the face in the mirror my favorite sinBut you want revenge from the Lord aboveSo the rain comes down heavy like my love"Chloe Chaidez

But you want revenge from the Lord above
So the rain comes down heavy like my love"
Chloe Chaidez

The hung up blob was the only thing that provided light in the basement, making the cold room even colder - missing some kind of warmth that was found in light. The girl had been there for hours without any interactions with anyone and she was growing quite tired of it. She knew no knight in shining armor was coming to her rescue. Ryan definitely wasn't one and neither was any men in her life for that matter. She had come to terms with that within the first hour of being locked in.

Neither H nor Harrison had made an appearance in the basement, but she heard footsteps upstairs so she knew for sure they were still inside the house. She wondered what Ryan could've done for them to practically kidnap her. Alexie didn't even know he was into that kind of life, she knew he wasn't legit but not that he was in a mob of some sort. As she thought about it, she tried to free her hands that were tied up behind her back. She tugged and tugged but it never even loosened up. The woman groaned and stopped trying, knowing it was no use.

Alexie tried thinking about reasons why they would've taken her and none made sense to her. Surely Ryan was an ass, but he wasn't as stupid as I messed with a mob kind of stupid. There must've been something else going on.

Before she could think about it too much, the woman was taken away from her thoughts by footsteps walking down the stairs. To her displeasure, it was Josh - or the idiot one- as she had decided to start calling him after their last few encounters. Of course she knew they were all of very unpleasant company, but she felt like maybe Harrison wasn't so bad. Unfortunately, she wasn't blessed by his presence.

"Get the fuck up." He barked at her and she held back from rolling her eyes because how could she get up? Even if she wanted to, she wouldn't be able to. Alexie just pointed at the wall behind her with her nose, hoping he'd understand that she was trying to tell him she was still tied up. He scoffed as he approached her and cut up the ties. The man grabbed her wrist forcefully and dragged her upstairs, which surprised her. She didn't think she would be let out of the basement one day. To her surprise, she was dragged to an office after walking through the whole house.

She had to admit, it was a beautiful house - not too big but not too small either. It was big enough for a few people but not to be called a generational house. It was well decorated, which was something she definitely wouldn't have thought for a mob boss' house. But back to the office, Josh forced her to sit down on a chair as H, Harrison and Josh stood on the other side of the desk that was on the side of the door. Their postures screamed superiority and arrogance, both being behaviors she hated. But she sat quietly and waited.

"Why is Ryan not coming for you?" H asked, making Alexie frown.

"Do I look like I know?" She sassed, regretting it afterwards as she knew she'd get hit if she kept responding like this.

"Why isn't he coming?" He repeated, leaning on his desk and slightly forward.

"He doesn't give the slightest fuck about me, that must be why." She tried again, hoping he'd take that answer.

"Do you want to know what he does for a living?" When she didn't answer, he kept going, "He steals from mobs and kills for mobs." H informed her and she felt utterly confused by his explanation but she didn't question him. "What's your father's name, poppet?"

She couldn't tell if he was just testing her or genuinely asking. Couldn't he find that out by himself? He did run a mob after all. So she asked him exactly that, which made him sigh deeply and let out a small scoff.

He tilted his head to the side and responded, "When I ask something, you answer."

"It's John Sinclair." She answered, not wishing to speak about the man who did her wrong her whole life.

The men in front of her frowned as H shook his head almost furiously and slammed his fist on the desk.

"Dammit." He mumbled, slamming his fist down one more time, "Harrison, get her to her room."

"What?" Harrison asked, seeming quite confused by his boss' order. Alexie guessed that it might've been because Harrison was higher up than Josh so showing her to her room was probably not a task for his paygrade.

"Do it, Haz. Josh can't contain himself." Was all H explained, letting Harrison's nickname escape his lips. Alexie took note of it, just in case.

As she left the room with Harrison, she could hear Josh complaining about H's statement. The boss simply answered with something along the lines of : "Shut up before I cut your dick off and get out of my face". Another fist was slammed against the desk before a door was slammed shut and then no more noise could be heard in the house, which gave the girl goosebumps.

She walked alongside the mob boss' sidekick in the long and empty hallways of the house, the only sound being her footsteps on the ground. Somehow, his didn't even make sounds. She took notice of that just as they arrived in front of a door. The man opened it for her and her sight fell on the huge bed sitting in the middle of the room, adorned with big and smaller pillows and a fluffy blanket. It was surprisingly very clear, she had imagined the room to be decorated with dark colors so she was pleasantly surprised.

Harrison smirked at her admiring expression, noticing that she took in every detail of the room. The man had a huge feeling she wouldn't say anything that would show appreciation towards the room, but he knew she liked it and that was enough for him.

"That's your room." He told her, pointing to a bag in the corner of the room, "There's some of your clothes. It'll last you a few days until we can provide you more." Harrison turned on his heels, starting to walk away.

"How long am I going to be here?" She asked so quietly that if Harrison hadn't been listening he wouldn't have heard her at all. He was awaiting a witty comment, so her question took him by surprise. Especially the fact that her voice sounded so small, like she wanted him to know how sad she felt inside no matter how tough her exterior might have looked like earlier.

"I don't know." He responded truthfully, looking at her fiddling with her hands that were in front of her as she looked down at the ground. The woman let out a sigh and nodded before softly shutting the door, blocking out the man standing on the other side of it. Yet, she hadn't found a way to block out the thoughts from roaming through her head. How did she get in the middle of a mob business?

____________
Vote and comment!!!!