2

"And the darkness suddenly felt like home againLike a familiar place in the shadows where we used to meet

Like a familiar place in the shadows where we used to meet."
Laura Chouette

Just like every single night, Alexie wiped the counter as she waited for someone in the club to order a drink. Surprisingly enough, there weren't that many people that actually came to the bar for a drink. They mostly just waited for a waitress or waiter to go over to them and take their order. Alexie usually worked as a waitress but since her coworker couldn't close up tonight they exchanged their workplaces. She took his place as a bartender and he took hers as a waitress so she'd close up the club later on. The woman honestly really didn't want to but she was a strong believer in helping other people for a good karma and so she agreed. Plus, she always had a hard time saying no.

Her night went by quite slowly since it wasn't as busy as usual. It was one of the rare time where she didn't have to drink with customers, mostly because no one approached her that night. She was grateful for it, she really didn't want to drink with strangers tonight. But it turns out she was out of luck. As the music blared through the speakers, a man approached her. A man she recognized very well after only meeting him twice.

"Good evening, darling." He greeted her as he leaned against the bar. His smirked wasn't an arrogant one but she couldn't help but find it weird how he kept coming back here. She had never seen him around before so why was she seeing so much of him these past few days?

"Good evening, sir." She addressed him politely since Ryan had told her never to use their names again. He hadn't given her a reason, he simply told her not to.

He frowned, "We're back to sirs now?" He asked but Alexie was almost a hundred percent sure he knew very well why she had to call him that. Maybe it was because of the smirk that had made his way back to his face in order to replace the frown.

"Apparently, yes." She pursed her lips, shrugging in order to show him that she didn't really care about it, like she was used to it - and she was.

"Well, come sit with us. The party's dying out anyway." He asked, well, more like demanded because she knew he wouldn't take no for an answer. She looked around and he was right, there weren't many people left. Her coworkers were about to leave anyway so she nodded shortly at the man before her and warned her coworkers. They told her it was fine and that they'd turn off the open sign a few minutes before they'd leave so no one else would come in. She thanked them before heading to the booth where Harrison and H were sitting with a pint of beer. They were already half way through it and they didn't even look like they were tipsy. They must hold their alcohol very well, she thought.

She sat on Harrison's side of the booth, still intimidated by the other man. She had brought herself a glass of beer, which she could have just poured herself from their pint but she didn't want to seem intrusive or rude. Both men observed her as she took a sip of the beer and she suddenly became very self concious. Alexie looked back and forth between the two men, waiting for them to talk. A few minutes passed by and neither of them said a word. She grew nervous, her palms sweaty and her stomach turning into one big knot.