1

"Then so be it

"Then so be it. I'll go where you go no matter how dark the path." Cora Reiley

She put on her makeup. Making sure to hide the hickeys and the bruise around her eye. She knew they were still quite visible and she hated it. He was making her go out tonight at a fancy restaurant with people from his job who were meeting with new contacts tonight. She didn't quite understand why she had to go. He usually met people in secret, behind her back. He didn't want her to mess with his job. And she simply didn't want to be around at all either.

She dressed up for the occasion, not that she even had the choice. She wore a beautiful long dress that hugged all of her curves perfectly, she had to make a good impression. Which would be hard enough with the bruises on her face and neck but she tried her best to hide them. She let her hair down to hide her neck before putting on her prettiest heels and grabbing her small purse, which would only hold her phone since she wasn't allowed to bring anything else - apparently. Sighs escaped her lips repeatedly as she walked down the stairs to tell him she was ready. Her palms were already sweaty and she second guessed her choice of outfit. Would that be fine for him?

"Um, Ryan, I'm ready." She coughed, uncomfortable about being in the same room as him. She bit her lip and he looked at her, observing her outfit and her every move. She fiddled with her left foot, moving it forward and backwards slowly.

"Stop fucking acting like a nervous wreck. Keep it together, woman." He scoffed, smirking as he grabbed her arm roughly and dragged her outside to the car that was waiting for them. She tried to pull her arm away but he simply tightened his grip on her. She mumbled something about him hurting her and he grunted, pushing her into the car.

She hit her head on the top of the car and let out a curse word. He scolded her like she was a child, once again making her feel little - like she didn't matter. But she was used to it so like always, she shut up and did what he asked - stay silent and act like a good girl. The drive to the restaurant felt like it took an eternity and the young woman couldn't help but pray that it would go by faster. She tried her best to look collected, at least enough so he'd leave her alone. It worked for the most of the ride, but once they got there he reminded her once again the rules of the night. She almost rolled her eyes at him but she knew better.

They walked inside, hand in hand with smiles plastered on their lips so they'd look like the perfect couple. Most people knew that wasn't the case though no one said a word about it. She wished they would, maybe it'd help her make it out of there. But they didn't, not before and not that night either. They joined his coworkers, who all greeted her like the horny fucks they were - their hands a little too low on her back, a kiss a bit too close to her mouth accompanied by an inappropriate comment. The perfect combination one might think. But like always, she didn't say anything and just went along with their assault. As she greeted the last man, her eyes met someone else's who stood at another table and she recognized him instantly. She tried tearing her sight away from him but for some unknown reason, it was like she was drawn to him. She couldn't look away up until he smirked at her once Ryan wrapped his arm around her waist possessively and dragged her away.

She began stressing out a little. Why was he here? Why were they at the same event? She wasn't dumb, she knew he wasn't a good person no matter how handsome he was. But why was he at an event for Ryan's work? She had all of these questions with no answer and she eventually came to the conclusion that she didn't really know what Ryan did for a living. She only knew what he let her know, which was the minimum for her to not look dumb in front of his partners. She was under the impression that it wasn't a legal business, judging by the kind of effort he put into his work versus all the money he got from it. She knew for a fact that he definitely was no CEO. She let her thoughts fly around for a while up until a voice interrupted her deep thinking.

"And you, Miss? What's a beautiful woman like you called?" The man in front of her asked, not even bothering to approach her for introductions - which she was grateful for. She has had enough ass grabbing to last a year. When she looked up at his face, she recognized him to be the second man by the mysterious man's side from last night. Her eyebrows furrowed, what the hell are they doing here? Is that what the third man meant when he talked to her about Ryan?

"Oh! Hello, I am Alexie." She smiled at him, trying to come off as nice and warm with her introduction. It seemed to have worked by the smile she got from Ryan. "And you are?"

"They call me O, but just for you it's Harrison." He said in a fruity voice, which was a change from all of the other man she met earlier.

"Well, very nice to meet you Harrison." Alexie smiled as the first man she saw last night appeared by Harrison's side. Her eyes grew wide, nervous at the thought of having to address him after last night. She didn't know if he'd mention anything that's happened the night before in front of Ryan. She knew one of them had told him about her being rude to them, but not the rest. She fiddled with her fingers as she bit her lip, not sure how to approach him. Before Ryan could grab her arm and squeeze it, the man in front of her took her hand gently and kissed it gently.

"Nice to meet you, darling. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." The man said, tilting his head to the side as he gently let go of the hand he had been holding. She blushed slightly, which did not go unnoticed by the three men surrounding her. Alexie tried to conceal it by a small clearing of her throat, but it didn't quite work. She saw out of the corner of her eye Ryan clench his fists so she hurried a response before he got too inpatient.

"My name's Alexie. Nice to meet you as well," She trailed off as if she was asking him his name. Harrison licked his lips and stared at his friend, wondering if he'd do the same as he did.

"It's H." He responded shortly. Alexie found his husky voice fitting for him and she had imagined it much more rough, like the third man. She instantly assumed Harrison was the nicest out of them three, H coming a close second considering he hadn't done anything mean to her, yet.

"Thought you already met her last night?" Ryan asked in a monotonous voice, obviously bored or maybe even bothered by the encounter between H and Alexie.

H turned his head to Ryan, glaring at him before his lips turned into a mocking smirk. "There was no time for introductions, Ryan." He said in a suggestive tone that Alexie knew would anger Ryan. Her eyes widened at his comment and instantly looked at Ryan as if she had to assure him that nothing happened. Harrison noticed how she acted and took a mental note of it.

Ryan cut her off before she could even start talking, "Fucking wh-" he sighed deeply and loudly, stopping himself from saying anything more as H looked at him with raised eyebrows- like he was challenging him. "Let's go sit, Alex."

"It's Alexie," She let out as his grip on her upper arm tightened and she knew she had hit a cord. She pursed her lips, keeping herself from letting out a groan of pain. He scoffed and dragged her away from the two men and she didn't dare look back at them. She screwed up, big time. She knew she just went over all the rules he had told her and hated herself for it. She deserved what was to come.

The whole diner went by much too fast as she apprehended nervously the arrival at home, with reason. Her fears were proven to be right when he did exactly what she thought he'd do, like he always did.

___________________
Vote and comment to tell me what you think plsssss!

I'm very excited about this story :)