Feminism..

"I am a feminist. I’ve been female for a long time now. I’d be stupid not to be on my own side." - Maya Angelou

It's get this all and out in the open,  I'm a feminist. Yeah I said it,  let the extra rah rah begin..

That word carries a lot of weight and hate as well,  people seriously look at me funny with wide eyes and scrunched up noses especially other women when I proclaim that I believe I should have economic,  social, and political equality just as a man does and baby does that bother me..

I grew up kind of traditional as in my mother and father are married and have been married for 30+ years (yeah those black families really exist despite what they show on TV). My mother is basically the traditional mom and what you think of a wife but she's also modernized. Yes she works,  she can provide for herself etc..  My father is no TV dad lol but he's really traditional and outdated about how he sees the world,  you know??  Like he still functions off of things his parents operated off of and did..

Then there's me..  I'm the baby and I'm simply a person that loves knowledge if something is interesting to me,  I wanna learn about it and if I know something or have an opinion I don't agree with,  I'll say something because it's nothing I can't stand more in this world than ignorance so y'all know in this generation I'm sarcastic as hell and constantly rolling my eyes at some bs.. 

It's storytime guys..  So Sunday my brother,  father,  and two of my uncles were at our house for like a couple hours and I was overly done..  They were supposed to be moving a TV into our house but it was the after that bothered me.  So once the TV was in y'all of course our house needed to be reorganized and stuff,  the TV needed to programmed to our cable box or whatever , etc. My problem was the fact that the men were dismissing my mother and telling her things as if she can't think for herself..   She'll tell them one thing and they'll do another but completely ignore her suggestion trying to figure out a problem when she just gave the solution to them.

They'll say you don't need to reprogram the remote and you need this and that,  and she'll tell them I've done this before and have did this for every other TV in this house and then they'll look stupid.

She'll move one picture or ornament and they'll be like it will look better over here..  And just move it without permission 

And I'm just sitting quietly trying not to go off like my mother is perfectly of thinking and functioning without your input,  she doesn't need you to think for her. She isn't dense by no means and is probably the fastest learner I've seen in my life.. Her influence of literature to me as a child and installation of the meaning of education molded me into the person I am today like she showed that intellect was nothing to hide from and be ashamed off because that's my ticket to a better life at a young age like I could read and write my name by 4, I knew my alphabet and numbers up to 30, could mostly pronounce most of my words correctly as in proper English (I didn't start speaking slang until I got older talk about reverse process lol)  and this was before I attended pre-k

One: my mom is probably the nicest person I've ever met or known of,  she's seriously too nice and I tell her all the time cause it's true..  She's naturally nice, kind,  and lowkey and I get so many of my ways from her but I choose to voice my opinions cause I see the problem at hand.. So this whole time I was blowed and seriously wanted to tell somebody they had to leave like now.

Sad part about this is no one else sees the problem but me and of course my mom but she's so immune to it because it's been happening her whole life and the way of life...  And like I know if I say something I'll be diminished to the "you're too young to understand" talk and I'm over it.

I so tired of men pretending to so much more intelligent and important than women when studies show women are statistically stronger emotionally and psychologically than men..  It's fact, I did a paper on it last semester.

I'm tired of hearing..

Girls can't do that

You won't find a husband with that attitude

Men are natural leaders and women are the followers

Girls are to be seen not heard

What does a woman know about the world

She's being a b*tch , it must be that time of the month

Why does a woman think she can do whatever a man can

She was raped..  She was wearing a skirt and a crop top??  She was asking for it,  men only have so much will power.

I'd bet my last dollar that if you're a female you've heard or seen one of those statements before..  And yes it's disgusting that women have to deal with that.

I believe any woman can be just as powerful and influential as any man,  I believe a woman has just as much intellectual ability as a man,  I believe a women's body is hers to dictate and not to only seen as a sexual object for the eyes & purposes of a man, I believe a woman has control of her life just as a man has.

PHYSICALLY YES MEN ARE GENERALLY STRONGER!!  We know this but just because I want equal pay and respect as you, does that give you the right to hit me??  NO!!!!!! AND NEVER WILL!! 

Feminism has its extents that I don't agree with especially the so called feminists who don't address the issues women of color go through/deal with..  But as said above in the quote above is I'd have to be stupid to not be on my own side, on my sisters side, on my mother's side,  on my nieces side.

I refuse to allow my nieces to think they have to change their nature and dumb their selves down for a boy?? So he can feel better about his self and she can think lower of herself!! Nah not happening on my watch.

Especially my youngest niece she's REALLY into science..  She loves bugs,  spiders,  all types of plants, the environment and nature..  Like y'all I'm tired of her coming to me asking "Auntie what type of bug is this?" bruh she will literally pick a bug up off the ground, bring it in the house and ask me lol and I'm always like "stop picking up random bugs! Just come get me or someone else please ." She has made my fam plant like a million and one plants like she has a pumpkin seed, bean seed,  watermelon, some type of flower and those are just the ones we remember where she placed them lol. Keep in my mind,  my baby is only 9 and she's already found something she loves.

Statistically once she gets older society will discourage her that science is for "boys" and she'll try to change herself to fit some bs stereotype of what's "lady like"  and I won't let her interest die for that reason. Some other reason sure but not because she thinks girls can't like science.

Does anyone else see sexist behavior even if it's unintentional and get heated??  Let me know,  I'd love to hear what you guys take is.