Your Own Beliefs, Your Parents or the Media's??

Tonight is just one of those nights when my mind can't rest and I'm too wired to go to sleep right now. So I'm up thinking about something that's been bothering me for the whole entire week.

I live in this small town where half the town is related to me or knows someone in my family so you can say it's conservative and very traditional, the thing is that I'm not.

I'm so open with my way of thinking because before anything else I'm a thinker. I swear most people couldn't get more than a greeting out of me because I always observe everything before I dive into something even as yungin'. It's just my nature, I think before I actually speak which is rare in our society these days and I believe that before everything else everyone has a common sense to see right from wrong.

But guys, a small part of me is starting to think that not everyone has the ability to rationalize things cause I swear since IG, Vine, and Twitter was created these niggas have gotten dumber and that bothers me.

I feel like we owe it to ourselves to stop subjecting ourself to only what we've been taught to believe in or what we see in the media. It's no way that the only views on life, political, and social aspects should only come from your parents and things you see on social media sites , NO WAY.

Your parents grew up in a different time frame then so the exact way they were raised and the exact things that were acceptable for them aren't for you. Bullying was tolerated more in the past than now for example and if you bully someone these days you could be brought up on criminal charges.

And news flash, you guys everything even on the news or posted on a blog is not true. It's called critical thinking and y'all should use it to flush out the truth and what are blatant lies.

It's only common sense for things to evolve and while what your parents thoughts are and what you see portrayed in the media were your starting point in life, you have decide for yourself what's acceptable for you.

If I believed in everything my parents believed to be true, I would be trouble especially in regards to my father. It's just the way he looks at things like feminism that grinds my gears and that's a whole different story.

And don't get me started on the biased news stations that report only the details that support their political stances.

I guess what I'm trying to say in summary would be: expand your horizons and decide what you believe in and not what you're only been taught to believe in?? If that makes sense lol it's like past midnight and I've been up since like 7 so disregard this post if it's nonsense