Fxck Luck, Be Gifted...

So I saw this sweatshirt on instagram that read "Fvck Luck,  Be Gifted " and it really resonated with me. Of course I wanted the shirt but chile I'm a college student and like most we broke as hell BTW the shirt was 50$. Whose really paying that?? Not me anyway.

The phrase gets me though,  I've never been the luckiest chick who can get away with any and everything,  everything I've done in my life is strategic and planned out before hand. So as a kid the dreams of being a doctor, nurse, lawyer or basically any professional career was planted in my head because that's where I needed to be.

I needed to be above the level of average and the top or at least near the top of the bunch and I've always been that way in school because being simply lucky just isn't in the cards for me.  I have to be determined,  ambitious and make things happen for myself because nothing will be given to me in this world/society.

If anything more will be taken from me than given being that being a black female in this society places me at the bottom of the power and position chain already. Y'all know black parents have always instilled in their children that we have to work twice as hard to get half of what they have.

That phrase sparked something inside of me though cause lately I haven't been feeling school much and just doing work without putting my all into it. Basically doing just enough to get a nice C when I can get a A and now is not the time for this because I can be graduate after this semester *hits jig one time for the one time*

Penny for your thoughts though..  Y'all go out in the world and be gifted. Make your mark and dream as big as you see possible.