Work Party (11)

I crashed after the party, we ended up getting home around 1:30am after helping Jacqui tidy up afterwards. She'd gone to bed pretty early around 10 and the party official ended around 11:30. Isaiah had left soon after our conversation as he had to get ready to continue to prepare his case. I'd lost Mason in the crowd and get it that way and by the time we were heading home we were both too tired to talk.

Aunt Verna made sure the place was spick and span before we headed home because the one thing she hated was waking up to a untidy house even though it wasn't her house. She'd allowed the boys to have a day off tomorrow even though Josh objected to it and Luke went in in the afternoon for revision. Jason had slept the majority of the evening in Jacqui's room and made it to school in the morning.

The next few days I chilled pretty much at home and spoke to Alana the majority of the days as we hadn't spoken much. She told me about her brother's wedding and I told her about the baby shower and how it went.

It was now Saturday evening and I got ready for my first work social event. Honestly, anytime before this I would have hated going to these things as I was pretty socially awkward but since I knew Ida was going to be there, I knew it couldn't be too bad. I got changed into a plain black body-con maxi dress. It was strapless and hugged my curves. I wore it with a pair of brown sandals and matched it with a brown bag. I put on minimal make up and yesterday was definitely wash day. I'd washed out all the gel from my hair and blow dried and twisted it up. I undid my twist outs today and let me beautiful curls flow. I grabbed my stuff and stuffed it in my bag and headed downstairs.

"Papa, I'm going for my work event, I'll see you later." I popped my head in his study and he looked up from his glasses and his computer screen.

"In that dress?" He asked and I swallowed.

"Yes papa, don't I look cute?" I smiled and raised my eyebrow.

"Oh leave the girl alone. She lived in the south of France for three years doing God knows what. Enjoy your time." My aunt chimed in from the sofa at the back of the room.

I giggled and closed the door quietly. I wasn't trying to draw any attention to my leaving. The boys were split between the cinema room and the games room. I snuck down the stairs, through the foyer and closed the front door quietly. I decided to Addison Lee my way there as I didn't know the exact location. Tara had sent me the details that it was in Chelsea which was about half an hour from my house.

"I'll see you later Ambrose." I shouted at the security station and head out of the gate. I got into the cab and text Tara I was on my way. The event was officially starting at 7pm but Tara said to get there a little later to meet up when Ida would arrive.

Malcolm had of course returned to uni again yesterday with Isabella. He might as well stay at home as he was back every few days but honestly he didn't mind travelling. I messaged him I was on my way to the event and sent him a picture of my outfit.

He responded with a wink and I sent a laughing emoji. I text Ida I'd be there soon and listened to music for the rest of the journey.

About 30 minutes later we pulled up to a bar called Elkington. It seemed pretty modern with glass windows and white furniture which I could see from the entrance. I got down and thanked my cab driver and smoothed down my dress. I headed for the entrance where a woman stood there and offered me a glass of champagne or mango juice. I opted for the mango juice and headed towards the bar area where I recognised Tara to be sitting chatting away with a colleague.

"Delilah! Hey!" She hugged me and looked very different to when I saw her at work. Her hair was down and she wore a khaki jumpsuit with black heels. I hugged her. "Delilah this is Brian, he works in the sales department." She introduced me to the guy sitting next to her.