Hi Daddy (12)

A few weeks later

I started my new job and started to get into a routine. I worked   Monday to Wednesdays and although I didn't need to I often worked overtime on Friday's to help finish any assignments that needed to be done at the end of the week. I woke up usually around 6:30, got ready, prayed, took Jason to school then headed off for work in the city. I was still driving for now as it was only an hour away and found it easier. 

However, today was a Thursday which meant it was my day off and I was doing something different.

"You sure you're ready?" Uncle Fernando asked the fifth time and I nodded.

"Yes." I smiled. I was dressed in a Karen Miller navy suit, white blouse and I wore a casual silver heel with it. I  tied my hair up in a high puff and matched it with a cream YSL bag.

"You sure you want to take all that?" My Uncle asked as we got into his stone grey porshe.

"We're driving in this car aren't we?" I joked and he chuckled and got in the driving seat.

"Okay but don't blame me if you come back with half an earring." he joked.

*~*

About half an hour later we pulled up to the large brown gate and high walls of the prison my father was incarcerated in.

My Uncle turned round the corner and spoke in the intercom who he was and why he was there. They buzzed and the tall gates opened and they let us in. I took a breath as all these years I had refused to come here. The last time I came was when I was 18, a few months before I left for France. I hadn't told my father about my leaving until I actually left and since then we'd barely spoken and I hadn't seen him.

"You sure you're ready for this?" Papa asked me again as he parked his car in the visitors bay.

"I think it's about time Uncle. I've been here basically a month and still haven't seen him." I smiled sadly.

He got out and so did and so did I. We followed the signs into the visitors entrance and saw a few security guards who greeted us. My uncle went up to the reception area and told him the details of our visit. The prison officer nodded and typed a few things on his computer.

"Please go down corridor B." He said and a prison officer led us down the corridor to a metal detector screening area.

"Please place all items in the metal tray and any electronics." The officer behind the screen said and I obeyed. I took my phone out of my pocket and placed my bags onto the conveyer belt. I walked through first and the officer scanned me with a electronic detector.

"You're fine." He said and put my arms down and collected my items. My uncle went next and soon after we headed for the canteen area which I knew my father would come out to see us. We took a seat in one of the middle tables and I drummed my fingers down nervously.

"It's going to be fine." My uncle reassured and I just nodded. We waited for another 10 minutes and finally the big iron door opened. My father came out wearing a grey jumper and sweatpants and yellow tag. He grinned as he saw me and I stood up excitedly. He was cleanly shaven with a trimmed full beard and a shaven head.

"Delilah," he said warmly and embraced me in a hug. I squeezed him tight and held onto him a little. My eyes started to well up but I forced them back in even though a few escaped. "Don't cry darlin'." He said and I started to sob on his shoulder.

"I've missed you so much." I sobbed and my Father rubbed my back and squeezed me tighter.

"I've missed you too my beautiful daughter." He pulled away slightly and looked at my face. He put my face in his hands and I laughed a little. "Let me look at you." His eyes glistened slightly but I knew he wouldn't let any tears show. He kissed my forehead and held my hand to lead me to sit down.

Finding Her Way Back.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें