Belgium (43)

My alarm went off and I stretched and smiled. Thursday had finally come and I was so excited to see Mason. I climbed out of bed and took a nice long warm shower. I'd braided my hair yesterday into knotless braids, I was happy to put my natural hair away for winter. 

I played some music through my speaker and came out in a towel and moisturised. I sang along as I creamed and put on some new underwear. Alana and I had gone shopping a few days ago to buy me some new clothes even though I was only going away for a day, in Alana's mind it was a week. 

I got changed into a pair of blue jeans, a tanned coloured turtle neck and I put on a little bit of make up. I put on some jewellery and packed my toiletries into my small suitcase. 

"Bash you have to be good for Alana, she doesn't exactly like you hm?" I said and he just sat on my bed with his eyes closed snoring. I laughed, "rude cat." I packed away my iPad into my hand bag and a few other essentials. I put on some boots and took a scarf and headed out my bedroom door. 

Alana had gone to work so I was going to book an Uber to the airport. 

'Can't wait to see you soon beautiful - Mase' 

I smiled at the text, I assumed he'd arrived as they had training around midday and had time to rest before the game. 

I messaged saying I couldn't wait to see him too and I messaged Lucas checking on him, it had been a few days since he'd messaged back. 

I grabbed a breakfast bar and made a smoothie then booked my Uber. I poured some fresh food for Sebastian and drank my smoothie very quickly. I text Alana that I was leaving and washed everything up. 

5 minutes later I got a notification he was outside and I took my suitcase and locked up. I made my way down the stairs and just outside I got into the Toyota Prius. 

"Bonjour Mademoiselle," the gentleman said. 

"Bonjour, pour Delilah?" I asked and he nodded. 

We made our way to the airport and I arrived about 40 minutes later. I glided through security and checked my bag in. I didn't bother going to the lounge as the flight was already boarding and took my seat on the plane. 

'Welcome to Brussels airline, my name is Andre and I will be your captain today.." He started and I automatically tuned out. 

Two hours later

We'd arrived and touched down in Brussels in the late afternoon. Similar to France the weather was quite cold. I took my belongings and made my way out back through security. I scanned my way through and went to baggage claim to collect my suitcase. I took out my phone to find the address to my hotel it was pretty central so I was going to book another taxi to get there. 

Soon after I collected my stuff I made my way to the exit and messaged Mason I'd arrived. I wasn't planning to see him until after the game so I told him I'd make my own way to the hotel as I knew the one he'd booked for us was different to where the team were staying. 

As I made my way to the exit I looked up and saw a figure standing by the outside railing with dark shades on and a bouquet of flowers. Trying not to be noticed he had his head down but had his large physique and stature. I grinned as I got closer and started running as I saw him and as he saw me he grinned and took of his shades. 

"Mason!" I shouted and smiled. He picked me up and spun me around. 

"Hey baby." He grinned and pulled me into a bear hug. He'd put on a little bit of weight but was pretty much the same. 

I breathed in his smell and held onto him, "I can't believe you are here." 

"I can't believe you're here." He smiled and kissed me. "Come." He took my suitcase and held my hand. We walked towards a SUV and the driver came out and greeted me and took my suitcase.