Office Talk (13)

The next day was a Friday and I woke up feeling refreshed. I played some reggae through my speakers and got up to get dressed for work. I headed to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine. I decided to blow dry out my hair a bit more and straighten it into a bob. I got changed into blue jeans and a light navy sweater. Friday was dressed down day at work and although it wasn't my official work day I often went in. I headed to the kitchen and Jason and Lucas had already left, I guess Lucas' last exam was today and he wanted to get in early.

"Morning Jase," I said as I kissed his forehead. Esme was rushing him along as he ate his oatmeal.

"I'm going to drop you off then I'm heading to Jacqui's." I informed him my plans and Jase nodded approvingly.

"You don't have to go to work today?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Not till 2pm." I said to him and he finished his bowl and grabbed his school bag. We said bye to Esmerelda and headed for the door. My car was already pulled round waiting for me and we hopped in and started our journey.

"Can we watch a movie tomorrow Lilah?" Jason asked.

"If you're extra good in school today." I smiled and he nodded eagerly. 20 minute later I dropped him outside his gate and waved him inside. I saw him run to his friend Tim and I drove off and headed towards Jacqui's house.

I pulled up half an hour later to her large black gate and typed in the code to get in. I parked out front and hoped out to the front door. The door was open as always.

"I'm in the living room!" She yelled and I shut the door. I took off my shoes and headed to the kitchen to get some water and then to the living room.

"Hey sugar," I smiled at her and she was sprawled out on the sofa, her large belly hanging out below her t-shirt. "Haven't you grown." I laughed and she giggled.

"I can't lie this 7month mark is getting to me. I'm eating pretty much everything now. My current craving is raw rice." She said and I looked at her crazily.

"Is that healthy?" I asked her and took a seat next to her.

"Well the doctor said as long as I don't swallow it." She said and I laughed.

I wrapped my arms around her and we pulled each other in. She was watching her favourite Ru-Pauls drag race. "How's Parker handling it?" I asked.

"He's doing okay. He's tries to work less hours as it's just me and him but mom has been around a lot lately so he's not as worried. I think he's just excited for her to come now." She said.

"Have you guys decided on a name yet?" I drank some water.

"Yes but we aren't telling anyone till the birth." She smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"First we had to wait 6 months for the gender now we can't find out ole girl's name?" I placed my hand on her belly. "I'm sorry for your parents mija." I said and the baby kicked and Jacqui laughed.

"Hey don't listen to your aunt Delilah, she doesn't know what she's talking about." Jacqui rubbed and the baby kicked again. "So what's been happening in the Rodriguez household?"

"Honestly I haven't seen too much of Isaiah, he was home yesterday but you know how he's always travelling up the country for his job so sometimes I don't see him for days. The younger brothers are surviving and Mason well, he's Mason."

"How was dinner yesterday?" She smirked and I looked shocked.

"How did you find that out?" I asked her.

"I'm a fly on the wall baby, I know everything that happens." She sang and I laughed.

"Well it was nice, it was pretty casual. We are keeping things casual. We're friends after all." I reconfirmed.