Travels (18)

THREE WEEKS LATER

It was the week of Aunt Verna's birthday and she still had no idea of the events that were about to unfold. Uncle Fernando had booked everyone's tickets and the plan was we would all fly out on a separate flight to surprise Aunt Verna. She didn't know we were coming. 

"Everyone get their google alert?" Uncle Fernando asked as he brought their suitcases down to the front door. It was Monday, they were going earlier than us all as a part of the surprise. He packed their suitcases into the SUV and Aunt Verna wandered down the stairs in her casual attire and jimmy Choo shoes. 

"Now just because we are going away doesn't mean you still don't go to school okay?" She kissed her three younger sons foreheads. "We still know what's going on." She said and we all laughed in the kitchen. 

"Verna will you get the documents whilst I pack the rest of the stuff away?" Uncle Fernando said and she nodded. She headed for his office and he quickly ran into the kitchen to go over the plan for the millionth time. 

"So everyone know when they're flying out? No one I repeat no one miss their flights!" He whispered. 

"Don't worry Mr Rodriguez we have got this, you go." Esmerelda said and he nodded knowing she'd have us down on lock. 

The plan was Jacqui, Parker, Ida and Isaiah would be flying out Wednesday. That just happened to be the day they could all go. I would be flying out with Mason and Malcolm on Thursday and the rest of the boys and Esme would come on Friday - after school.

"See you guys!" Uncle Fernando grinned. I knew they were going to enjoy these few days without their children. 

"Take good care of my house darlings." Aunt Verna said as she came in and kissed all of them. Esme and I waved them off and Steve got in the driving side as he was taking them to the airport. 

"Alright, Lucas you finish up quickly so you can go to school with Josh and drop off Jason today. Delilah and I need to finish packing." Esmerelda said and just as Lucas was going to wine, she gave him that look. 

"No worries, guys hurry up." He said as he grabbed his bag and his littlest brother. "Jase c'mon we can't walk that pace or we'll never make it." He said and I cracked up. I followed and took his car seat from my car and adjusted it in Luke's Volkswagen. 

"See you later boys!" I smiled and waved them off. I headed back inside and upstairs to help finish of packing.  I went to Jason's room and started off with him as I knew he'd be the easiest to pack for. All his clothes were basically folded already so I just pulled out his little suitcase under his bed and started to pack his clothes in it. 

"Most of Jason's stuff will come in my suitcase, he just wants one to feel grown." Esmerelda said and I laughed. I packed his necessities away and next went to Josh's. "Don't worry about the other two I will sort them out, you go and start packing your stuff." She said and I smiled. 

I headed down the hall way and still heard faint snores coming from Mason's room. He didn't even wake up to say goodbye to his parents. 

I pulled out my suitcase from my closet which still had some of the clothes I'd brought back from France. I placed it on my bed and started packing an extra few bits from my wardrobe. 

My MacBook chimed and I answered the FaceTime call. 

"Hey Cherie how are you?" Alana said. 

"I'm good boo and you?" I said as I continued to pack a few more things away. 

"You going somewhere?" She asked. "I'm well thanks." She smiled. I looked up to see her as always laying on the beach with her massive square sunglasses