Working Woman (9)

The next day whizzed round and I was up and ready for my meeting. Aunt Verna saw my meeting  in my calendar and just like that there was a Ted Baker suit hanging in my wardrobe. I wore the light pink suit with a pink cami blouse and paired it with nude heels. I had to admit I looked cute. I'd straightened my natural hair into a middle parted bob and it hung just by my shoulders. I finished off my morning routine ending it with a prayer and placed all my items in my nude hand bag and ran for today. Luckily Steve was taking Jason again today so I would not have to worry about the drop off.

I sprinted down the stairs to the kitchen and the boys were all there stepping over Esmerelda who looked pretty annoyed as she tried to usher Jason along with his toast.

"Yh but its just math, why am I going to need that in life?" Lucas said as he finished off his toast and grabbed his school bag.

"Just go to school, take your exam and do well okay? Or you'll have me to deal with." Isaiah said drinking his coffee and of course scrolling through his MacBook. Mason stood behind the hob and I think he was making some type of eggs.

As I marched to the fridge to grab a ready made smoothie everyone fell silent.

"What?" I turned around and drank some.

"Atta girl, that's it. Go and get your job." Isaiah grinned whilst he sipped his coffee.

Mason just stood there staring at me so I looked down, feeling a bit uncomfortable and decided to change the subject. "Jase, have a good day at school. You're so close to finishing Year 1!" I exclaimed and kissed his head. "Steve is waiting for you."

He looked sad, "why can't you take me to school?" He asked as Esmerelda gave him his school bag.

"Because I have a meeting but I'll be here after school okay? We can do homework and play video games." I smiled and he nodded, approving my decision.

Mason resumed his eggs and said nothing. "And good morning to you too." I smiled at him and placed my glass in the sink.

He smiled at me and flipped his eggs, "morning Miss Williams." He gave me a side hug.

"Very official." Was all I said. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and placed it in my bag.

"Luke get to school." Mason ushered him along to the door and he waved bye to us.

"I'll see you later guys." I blew them kisses and headed for the front door. It had been a while since I wore heels so I took my time until I got to the front door.

"Your car Miss Williams." Steve handed me my keys and I smiled.

"Thank you Steve." Ida Young's Publishing company was in the city and about just under an hour away.

"Have a good day darling. Let me know how it goes." Aunt Verna shouted from her Maserati and sped off. I got in my Evoque and strapped myself in. I programmed my GPS and headed off towards the city.

"So what's it like being at home with him?" Alana asked as I'd called her on my hands-free device.

" I mean, since the hospital visit we're getting along. We are just friends but it's nice to talk to him again as he was one of my best friends anyway." I responded as I whizzed down the highway.

"Mm and do you think that will change?" She asked and I shook my head even though she couldn't see me.

"Not anytime soon." I responded and she laughed.

"So how are you feeling for your interview?" She asked.

"It's okay, I haven't seen Ida in a few years but I have researched the company and know a lot about them so I'm hoping she'll see me for me and not Isaiah's little sister." I responded and took a right turn into the city of London.