Church (42)

Sunday

The weekend soon came and I hadn't really gone out anywhere. It was cold and although it wouldn't get as cold as England in a November frosty night, it was still cold enough to need a jacket. 

Sunday had come and Alana and I got dressed up for our afternoon service at Church. 

"ooo you look cute." She said and I smiled. Sunday was the day I started my new week. It was  my favourite day to enter the Lord's house and start a fresh. I dressed up a black turtle neck dress and a double breasted tan coat with heeled boots. Alana wore a similar dress but a purple coat and white heeled boots. I tied my hair in a top bun and wore gold small hoops. 

"Ready?" Alana asked and I nodded. She knew I'd been feeling quite down the past few days and Church was the best place for me.  I smiled and linked arms with her. We walked out and closed the door behind us. We walked down the stairs and down the road whistling. 

"You ready for the word so sweet?" I asked. 

"I'm ready!" Alana smiled.  

We walked a little further down the road and turned the corner. I smiled as I heard the sound of music coming from the front of the Church. The instrumentalists had already started playing. Alana and I entered and waved as we saw Pastor Richard at the back welcoming people. 

"So happy to see you girls again." He hugged us and we hugged him back. We settled in for our usual seats towards the front and Apostle Kelvin came to lead us in a word of prayer. 

"May we all stand to our feet." He said and the translator translated in French. Our Church was an international one and luckily for me it was English speaking. 

"The Bible says, cast all your burdens unto him, for he cares for you. As you are here today and you've come to be in the Lord's presence, I want you to pray in this moment thanking Him he has brought you into His house. I want you to cast all your burdens unto Him. Tell Him your issues, your burdens your cares. Just raise your voice in this place." He said and I stood up and closed my eyes and I started to pray. An overwhelming feeling took over me but I continued to pour out my heart to the Lord. 

*~* 

A few hours later service was ending and I had been so blessed by the word by Pastor Richard. He'd spoken about the Prodigal Son and why it was important to return home. 

"If you're here today and you don't know Jesus, this is your opportunity to choose the greater love. Nobody will love you like Jesus loves you. Choose Him as He has chosen you." He said and the singers started to sing 'There is room at the Cross for You.' People started coming forward and responding to the alter call. We all placed our heads down and prayed the prayer. Soon after the announcements rolled round and we were done. 

"So blessed Pastor, thank you." I went up to him and smiled. 

"You ever need to talk, you know I am a phone call away." He said and rubbed my arm. I nodded and thanked him, I was honestly feeling lighter. 

"Let's go help girl with lunch." Alana said and we made our way to the kitchen. We headed towards the back to the tables which were now set up to serve. 

"You know what blessed me the most about that sermon? You can be in the worst place and God will still accept you, all you have to do is go back and apologise." Alana said as we stood behind the tables getting ready to serve. 

"He loves you regardless of your faults, it's a greater love." I smiled and we both sang along to the choir who were now rehearsing. 

We stayed for a few hours serving, eating and socialising. I was getting back into the weekly actives we ran here and I was apart of the media team who posted encouraging blog posts.